It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday: Berry Genge
Welcome to Guest Staff: Morgan Hennessey, Mike Hambly
Highlights for Today:
• Culinary Class will be having an Indian themed meal, Friday. It will be served in the Culinary room 136 at 11:50 and the cost is $8. On the menu is Naan bread, with Indian Butter Chicken and Rice served with fresh Indian-Style Cucumber Salad with a refreshing Lemon Iced Tea. As a dessert we are having a traditional homemade sweet Gulab Jamun sponges cake balls that are covered by a sweet syrup.
• Chrome book #1 missing from library. If you see it, please return.
• Jared McMullin please see Mrs. Killeen in the library.
• SAVE week activity for today: Purple Ribbon Day, Display in Cafeteria to Remember Victims of 1989 Montreal Massacre.
• Cafeteria Specials Today: Shepard’s Pie with Side Salad & roll; Spaghetti with Meat Balls or chicken parmesan with your choice of Tomato or Meat Sauce; Philly Veggie & Cheese Steak on a Bun; Cream of Mushroom soup with fresh biscuit or crackers
Men’s & Women’s Basketball Games today in Westisle, Bus leaves at 12:30Pm
Men’s Game @ 4pm, Women’s Game @5:45 PM.
• Rugby: There is introductory rugby session in the gym today from 3:30 to 4:45. All are welcome, male, female, experienced and inexperienced. This is a fun way to learn about rugby or develop new skills. Our focus is learning the basics, fitness, and fun.
• SAVE Week Activity for Thursday: Thursday is the Door Decorating Contest– winning class will have a pizza party on Friday. Friday is Wear Purple Day – class with highest level of participation will have a pizza party.
• On Thursday, Dec 7th in honour of the 28th anniversary of the Montreal Massacre, Mrs. Killeen will be showing the film Polytechnique in the library at lunch in the conference room. Based on the true events that occurred on December 6, 1989, at the Montreal’s Polytechnique School, the movie tells us about that specific day through the eyes of two students, Valerie and Jean-Francois, whose lives have been changed forever, when a young man entered the school with one idea in mind: kill himself and as many women as possible. The film will continue at lunch on Friday. If you are interested in watching this film, please sign up with Mrs. Killeen in the library by the end of the day tomorrow. Please bring your lunch and join us at 11:45am each day.
• Art Battle, Friday, Dec. 8th 6-8 PM @ MRHS, entry to event by donation to a local charity.
• Peer Helpers: There will be a brief block meeting for all peer helpers on Thursday, December 7 in room 139.
• Drop In @ Student Wellness Room will be Friday this week.
• The final SADD meeting for 2017 will be Tuesday, December 12, in the Library Conference room.