It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Joel Annear, Owen MacNeill, Caitlin McKenna. Belated greetings to Braden Stewart who celebrated his birthday last Friday.
Welcome to the Following Staff: Sylvie De Sousa, James Beaton, Marla McCarron, Harold Brothers, Kenneth Nicolle, Jessica Campbell.
- Today in the Cafeteria: Cheesy chicken pasta bake with side Caesar salad and a garlic bread stick, hamburger pizza, thai chicken wraps.
- The “Nearly New” in Montague has a new selection of prom gowns. Girls in need of a special dress should check it out.
- Intramural basketball action today: “Hoops I Did It Again” vs the Teachers.
- Badminton Practice: Today and Wednesday after school. Players that cannot attend please see Mr Hayes. All Senior Boys Doubles teams MUST be at practice today.
- Viking Fit this week:
- Monday – Fitness Center Workout
- Tuesday – Walk/Run Club
- Wednesday – Spin Class ($3, see Mr. MacDonald to sign up)
- Thursday – Fitness Center Workout
- There will be a sign up sheet in the gym area for students interested in trying out for Track and Field events. There is a meeting on Wednesday at 11:45 in the Fitness Center.
- Tomorrow in the Cafeteria: Chicken quesadilla with Mexican rice and side salad, philly cheese steak flat bread hoagies, BBQ chicken pizza, BLT wraps.
- Prom meeting today for all Grade 12 students at 12:00 in Room 228 to finalize the options for the prom vote. Please come to the meeting and give some input on what you would like this year’s prom format to be! The vote will be this Thursday.
- Student Council will be selling Easter Candy Grams at lunch this week (Monday-Wednesday) with the proceeds going towards Easter Seals. Cost $1.50.
- The SEE Change Tides of Environmental Learning Conference is open to registration for high school students with an interest in the environment. The conference is May 18-21 in Wolfville, NS. Scholarships that cover the cost of the conference for students are available, but you must pay $100 to stay in the dorm. Visit http://eecom.org/2017-conference/for more information. See Ms. Toombs to coordinate carpooling if interested.
- Okay, MRHS . . . Thursday, April 13 – It’s Burger Love time! Each group in the culinary class is busy planning the best burger. Each meal will consist of a 6 oz. PEI beef patty on a homemade “bun” of some sort, topped with a condiment and some veggies, served with PEI potatoes, a cookie and milkshake for dessert. Watch the announcements tomorrow for the descriptions of each of the burgers. Sign up for the burger of your choice at the ticket booth at noon. Remember . . . there will only be 10 of each burger available so, if you have a favourite, you had better sign up (and pay!) as soon as possible. Cost is $8.
- Breakfast Burger: 6 oz. patty made from PEI beef topped with a fried egg, bacon, piece of lettuce and a maple syrup mayo sauce all between two homemade waffles for buns with a side of PEI hash browns.