It’s a “D-C” Day!
Belated Greetings to the following students who celebrated birthdays over the past few days: Grace Boyce, Jaylyn Carroll, Keighan White, Alyssa Bedell, Alexa Cann, Janelle Quinn.
Welcome to the Following Staff: David MacKay, Chelsey MacDonald, Morgan Hennessey, Anna Howlett
- SADD meeting is today at 12:05pm in Library Conference room.
- Grad activity meeting today at 12 pm in Room 119.
- Writers’ Group will meet today at 12:00 in Room 211.
- Report cards were sent home last Wednesday afternoon. If students were absent, they can pick their report cards up from their homeroom teachers. Students without a homeroom may pick their report card up in the office.
- The deadline for ordering yearbooks has been extended to this Friday, February 24.
- Congratulations to members of the Senior Gymnastics Team who competed at the PEISAA Provincial Championships on Saturday: Lily Levesque, Taylor MacDonald, Maya Hinks, Brianna MacDonald and Faith MacLeod. Although there were no official awards this season for the Senior category, Lily Levesque placed first on Floor, Vault and first all around.
- Any triathlon members that are going to spin class tomorrow (Wednesday) at 3:45pm need to see Mr. MacDonald today with your $3 in order to reserve a bike.
- Men’s and Women’s Rugby training will be starting today after school from 3:30 to 5:00. Training will be every Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00 until March Break.
- Basketball Intramurals are starting up soon. Sign up in the gym area.
- Today: Yoga in Room 87 at noon, W.O.D. in the Fitness Centre at noon, Viking Fit from 3:20 to 4:10 after school (Prepare for Prom Boot Camp).
- Wednesday: Viking Fit from 7:30 to 8:00am, W.O.D. at noon in the Fitness Centre, Triathlon Spin Class at TCAP ($3: Sign up with Mr. MacDonald).
- Thursday: Yoga in Room 87 at noon, W.O.D. in the Fitness Centre at noon, Viking Fit from 3:20 to 4:10 after school (Meltdown to March Break).
- Friday: W.O.D. in the Fitness Centre at noon, Viking Fit from 3:20 to 4:10 (Prepare for Prom Boot Camp).
- Wear a pink shirt this Wednesday (tomorrow) to show that MRHS doesn’t tolerate bullying.
- Love Songs Concert is rescheduled again for Wednesday, February 22.
- Sunday, Feb 26: “Freeze Your Gizzard” 5km/10km/Half Marathon @ TCAP.
Grade 12 Students:
- The Saint Mary’s University Next Steps event in Charlottetown has been rescheduled to Wednesday, February 22, at 7:00pm at the Confederation Centre of the Arts in Charlottetown. Students can still RSVP to the event at ca/events, and students who have already registered do not need to register again.
- There are “Come Try Softball” events coming up in Charlottetown, sponsored by Holland College Hurricanes: Sunday, February 19, and Sunday, March 5, from 3:00 to 5:00pm both days. These free training camps are open to ages 4 to 12. For more information or to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org.