It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Peer Kristensen.
Welcome to the Following Guest Staff Today: Nicole Butler for Caleigh Oehlke, Adam Gauthier for Matthew Kelly, Melissa MacLean for Seana Evans-Renaud, Pat Hewitt for Kristina McLane, Amy McCarron for Lianne Garland (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy
- Peer Helpers – You have block meetings today in Ms. Beaton’s class room.
- Members of Mr. Lea’s writing group are meeting today at noon in Mr. Lea’s room. Please be there!
- First SADD meeting for 2017 is today at 12 noon. Attendance is essential.
- Today in the Cafeteria: Chicken quesadilla with Mexican rice and side salad, Philly cheese steak float bread hoagie, BBQ chicken pizza and BLT wrap.
- SAVE members are asked to please wear your purple shirts to the meeting this Wednesday.
- Our basketball teams host Souris on Wednesday. Women play at 5:00pm and Men play at 7:00pm.
- Men’s Basketball team plays at TOSH on Monday, January 16; game time is 4:15pm.
- Parks Canada is recruiting summer workers! Staff will be visiting during lunch break on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 to provide information on summer jobs available at the PEI National Park and National Historic Sites. Parks Canada has a variety of bilingual and English positions available at Prince Edward Island National Park. These positions include: Park Communicators, Heritage Communicators, Janitorial Students, and Student Field Technicians. For more information about summer jobs with Parks Canada or for assistance applying, please call Ashley at 902-566-7264 or email email@example.com.
- Strive meeting is scheduled for January 17 at 11:45 in the Student Services area.
- Student Services area will be closed on Tuesday, January 17, for lunch time only.
- Scholastic Teen Reader flyers for January have arrived and are available in the Library! There’s a great selection this month!
- Also, if you are a registered user of Facebook and you like free stuff, Scholastic is doing 31 Days of Giveaways for all ages. No purchase is necessary! Check out scholastic.ca/contests or see Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Tomorrow in the Cafeteria: Spaghetti with meat or marinara sauce served with side salad and garlic breadstick, chicken parmesan wrap, panzerotti, hummus and veggie wrap.
- January 13 Culinary Meal: This is for all you vegetarians out there. Come on down to Room #136 at 11:50 am for Culinary group #4’s Home Cooked meal on January 13. We will be serving a crunchy green apple salad dressed with a creamy, sweet and tangy apple vinaigrette, followed by a bowl of vegetarian chili matched with a slice of cornbread and a stuffed-to-the-brim baked potato, paired with a glass of cucumber mint water, and finally, to top it off, a maple cookie for dessert.
- Encounters Contest: Celebrate Canada’s shared history with Belgium by creating a personalized, contemporary vision of John McCrae’s celebrated poem, In Flanders Fields – a symbol of the sacrifices of all who fought in the First World War. Contest submissions may be in the form of a card, poem, recital, play, video, photo, audio recording, choreography, visual artwork or essay, expressing whatIn Flanders Fields means to you. Get inspired by learning more about John McCrae’s history and what led him to write his celebrated poem, In Flanders Fields. Visit https://www.ewc-rdc.ca/pub/en/contest. The contest deadline is February 28, 2017. See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Yearbooks can be ordered until February 17, 2017. Cost is $50; payment can be made by cash or by cheque made payable to MRHS. Yearbooks can also be ordered on-line using a credit card. The link is available on the school’s website. Do it now; avoid the rush! If you don’t order one, you won’t get one!
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday at lunch hour in Room #133. Check it out! New members welcome!
- The Fitness Center is closed on Tuesday (new day) after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.
- Walsh’s Driving School will be starting a course in early February. If you are interested in taking this course, you can register by phoning Louis Walsh at 902-651-2231.