It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Jayne Lanigan and Calvin Vessey. We extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Colden Clory, Donald Pepperdine, Katelyn Decoste and Jonathan Vincent.
Welcome to the Following Guest Staff Today: Harold Brothers for Carl Evans, Erica Skinner for Andrew Henderson (am), Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy, Kenneth Nicolle for Alana Trainor (am).
- Today in the Cafeteria: Cheesy chicken pasta bake with side Caesar salad and a garlic bread stick, potato bowl, hamburger pizza, thai chicken wrap.
- Basketball teams host Westisle today. Men’s team plays at 4:00pm and Women play at 6:00pm.
- A Pitching Clinic, run by Regional Pitching Instructor Charley Johnston, is starting at Montague Intermediate School on Wednesday, January 25. There will be two time slots available from 6:00 to 7:00pm and 7:00 to 8:00pm. Cost is $60 per pitcher who needs to provide their own catcher. Anyone interested should contact Mark Quinn at 902-969-6131 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scholastic Teen Reader flyers for January have arrived and are available in the Library! There’s a great selection this month!
- Also, if you are a registered user of Facebook and you like free stuff, Scholastic is doing 31 Days of Giveaways for all ages. No purchase is necessary! Check out scholastic.ca/contests or see Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Tomorrow in the Cafeteria: Chicken quesadilla with Mexican rice and side salad, Philly cheese steak float bread hoagie, BBQ chicken pizza and BLT wrap.
- First SADD meeting for 2017 will be tomorrow (Tuesday) at 12 noon. Attendance is essential.
- January 13 Culinary Meal: This is for all you vegetarians out there. Come on down to Room #136 at 11:50 am for Culinary group #4’s Home Cooked meal on January 13. We will be serving a crunchy green apple salad dressed with a creamy, sweet and tangy apple vinaigrette, followed by a bowl of vegetarian chili matched with a slice of cornbread and a stuffed-to-the-brim baked potato, paired with a glass of cucumber mint water, and finally, to top it off, a maple cookie for dessert.
- Encounters Contest: Celebrate Canada’s shared history with Belgium by creating a personalized, contemporary vision of John McCrae’s celebrated poem, In Flanders Fields – a symbol of the sacrifices of all who fought in the First World War. Contest submissions may be in the form of a card, poem, recital, play, video, photo, audio recording, choreography, visual artwork or essay, expressing whatIn Flanders Fields means to you. Get inspired by learning more about John McCrae’s history and what led him to write his celebrated poem, In Flanders Fields. Visit https://www.ewc-rdc.ca/pub/en/contest. The contest deadline is February 28, 2017. See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Yearbooks can be ordered until February 17, 2017. Cost is $50; payment can be made by cash or by cheque made payable to MRHS. Yearbooks can also be ordered on-line using a credit card. The link is available on the school’s website. Do it now; avoid the rush! If you don’t order one, you won’t get one!
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday at lunch hour in Room #133. Check it out! New members welcome!
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to email@example.com or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.
- Walsh’s Driving School will be starting a course in early February. If you are interested in taking this course, you can register by phoning Louis Walsh at 902-651-2231.