It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Bailey Campbell and Makayla Victor.
Welcome to the Following Guest Staff Today: Jessica Campbell for Angela Killeen, Adam Clow for Kelly Pike. Earl Campbell is not here today.
- Congratulations to Tyler Garnhum and Owen Collier, members of the Schut team, who curled in the Under 21 Provincials in Montague over the Holidays. They placed second and will be curling in the Under 18 Provincials in February. Congratulations Owen and Tyler!
- Today in the Cafeteria: Soup with grilled cheese sandwich on texas toast, donair pizza and ranch taco wrap.
- Walsh’s Driving School will be starting a course in early February. If you are interested in taking this course, you can register by phoning Louis Walsh at 902-651-2231.
- A Pitching Clinic, run by Regional Pitching Instructor Charley Johnston, is starting at Montague Intermediate School on Wednesday, January 25. There will be two time slots available from 6:00 to 7:00pm and 7:00 to 8:00pm. Cost is $60 per pitcher who needs to provide their own catcher. Anyone interested should contact Mark Quinn at 902-969-6131 or by email at email@example.com.
- Students are reminded to return or renew Library materials at break or lunch time.
- 2017 Scholastic book flyers have arrived, including Teen Readers! Stop by the Library to get yours.
- Check out the new Author spotlight featuring Michael Crichton! He’s a fascinating person! We have dozens of his books in the library!
- Monday in the Cafeteria: Cheesy chicken pasta bake with side Caesar salad and a garlic bread stick, potato bowl, hamburger pizza, thai chicken wrap.
- First SADD meeting for 2017 will be Tuesday, January 10, at 12 noon. Attendance is essential.
- January 13 Culinary Meal: This is for all you vegetarians out there. Come on down to Room #136 at 11:50 am for Culinary group #4’s Home Cooked meal on January 13. We will be serving a crunchy green apple salad dressed with a creamy, sweet and tangy apple vinaigrette, followed by a bowl of vegetarian chili matched with a slice of cornbread and a stuffed-to-the-brim baked potato, paired with a glass of cucumber mint water, and finally, to top it off, a maple cookie for dessert.
- Encounters Contest: Celebrate Canada’s shared history with Belgium by creating a personalized, contemporary vision of John McCrae’s celebrated poem, In Flanders Fields – a symbol of the sacrifices of all who fought in the First World War. Contest submissions may be in the form of a card, poem, recital, play, video, photo, audio recording, choreography, visual artwork or essay, expressing whatIn Flanders Fields means to you. Get inspired by learning more about John McCrae’s history and what led him to write his celebrated poem, In Flanders Fields. Visit https://www.ewc-rdc.ca/pub/en/contest. The contest deadline is February 28, 2017. See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Yearbooks can be ordered until February 17, 2017. Cost is $50; payment can be made by cash or by cheque made payable to MRHS. Yearbooks can also be ordered on-line using a credit card. The link is available on the school’s website. Do it now; avoid the rush! If you don’t order one, you won’t get one!
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday at lunch hour in Room #133. Check it out! New members welcome!
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.