It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Haley MacIntyre. We also extend greetings to all staff and students who will celebrating their birthdays over the Christmas break.
Welcome to the Following Guest Staff Today: Harold Brothers for Carl Evans, James Beaton for Yvonne Higgins, Nicole Butler for Karen Malone (pm), Ryan Nicholson for Christie Beck, Chelsey MacDonald for Sandra Hicken, Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy
- Christmas Spirit Week wraps up today with Jersey Day. “Selfie with the Elfie” prize will be awarded today. Regular classes will be held in the morning, then two 20-minute C and D classes after lunch. At 1:10, students will be dismissed to clean out their lockers and then proceed to the rink for the staff-student hockey game. This will be a fundraiser for cancer and admission will be by donation. Attendance will not be taken at the game, but those who are in attendance are expected to follow school rules.
- Christmas Break begins tomorrow. Classes will resume on Wednesday, January 4, 2017.
- The Women’s Basketball team played a good game last night, getting a win from Francois Buote. All the gals played a great game!
- The following students still have outstanding athletic fees: Dawson Lund (Volleyball) and Austin deVries (Powerlifting).
- January 13 Culinary Meal: This is for all you vegetarians out there. Come on down to Room #136 at 11:50 am for Culinary group #4’s Home Cooked meal on January 13. We will be serving a crunchy green apple salad dressed with a creamy, sweet and tangy apple vinaigrette, followed by a bowl of vegetarian chili matched with a slice of cornbread and a stuffed-to-the-brim baked potato, paired with a glass of cucumber mint water, and finally, to top it off, a maple cookie for dessert.
- Encounters Contest: Celebrate Canada’s shared history with Belgium by creating a personalized, contemporary vision of John McCrae’s celebrated poem, In Flanders Fields – a symbol of the sacrifices of all who fought in the First World War. Contest submissions may be in the form of a card, poem, recital, play, video, photo, audio recording, choreography, visual artwork or essay, expressing whatIn Flanders Fields means to you. Get inspired by learning more about John McCrae’s history and what led him to write his celebrated poem, In Flanders Fields. Visit https://www.ewc-rdc.ca/pub/en/contest. The contest deadline is February 28, 2017. See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Yearbooks can be ordered until February 17, 2017. Cost is $50; payment can be made by cash or by cheque made payable to MRHS. Yearbooks can also be ordered on-line using a credit card. The link is available on the school’s website. Do it now; avoid the rush! If you don’t order one, you won’t get one!
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday at lunch hour in Room #133. Check it out! New members welcome!
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to email@example.com or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.