It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Cuyler Brehaut
Welcome to the Following Guest Staff Today: Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Jared Cheverie for Matt Kelly, Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins, Chelsey MacDonald for Sandra Hicken
Christmas Spirit Week Continues at MRHS!
- Look for the Elf and take your “Selfie with the Elfie”. Show your pic to Ms. Beaton and get a ballot for the prize being awarded on Thursday.
- Today is Ugly Christmas Sweater Day.
- Wednesday is Christmas Character Day.
- Thursday is Jersey Day!
- Don’t forget the Culinary meal being served today at 11:50am in Room 136.
- Grads, the second clothing order has been extended until today. Please see Mr. MacDonald in Room 141 at lunch if you wish to order any grad clothing.
- The first rehearsal for all people who auditioned for MRHS’s musical is today from 3:30-5:30.
- The Library will be closed after school Tuesday and Wednesday, December 20 and 21.
- Dodgeball Today: Killers vs Next Blues. Next action is tomorrow when Killers take on the Tribe. Championships will take place after the Christmas break.
- Badminton Club is meeting today after school. Anyone interested is invited to stay after school today from 3:15 to 5:00pm. This is a club, not a team, so anyone can come out!
- The following students still have outstanding athletic fees: Dawson Lund (Volleyball) and Austin deVries (Powerlifting).
- January 13 Culinary Meal: This is for all you vegetarians out there. Come on down to Room #136 at 11:50 am for Culinary group #4’s Home Cooked meal on January 13. We will be serving a crunchy green apple salad dressed with a creamy, sweet and tangy apple vinaigrette, followed by a bowl of vegetarian chili matched with a slice of cornbread and a stuffed-to-the-brim baked potato, paired with a glass of cucumber mint water, and finally, to top it off, a maple cookie for dessert.
- Encounters Contest: Celebrate Canada’s shared history with Belgium by creating a personalized, contemporary vision of John McCrae’s celebrated poem, In Flanders Fields – a symbol of the sacrifices of all who fought in the First World War. Contest submissions may be in the form of a card, poem, recital, play, video, photo, audio recording, choreography, visual artwork or essay, expressing whatIn Flanders Fields means to you. Get inspired by learning more about John McCrae’s history and what led him to write his celebrated poem, In Flanders Fields. Visit https://www.ewc-rdc.ca/pub/en/contest. The contest deadline is February 28, 2017. See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Yearbooks can be ordered until February 17, 2017. Cost is $50; payment can be made by cash or by cheque made payable to MRHS. Yearbooks can also be ordered on-line using a credit card. The link is available on the school’s website. Do it now; avoid the rush! If you don’t order one, you won’t get one!
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday at lunch hour in Room #133. Check it out! New members welcome!
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.