It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Naomi Buell. Belated greetings to the following individuals who celebrated their birthdays over the extended weekend: Anthony Cormier, Jimmy Shepard, Baxter Ross, Kimberley Lava, and Zachary MacNevin.
Welcome to the Following Guest Staff Today: Emma Donovan for Natasha O’Shea, Kenneth Nicolle for Angela Killeen (am), Adam Clow for Jennifer Murphy, Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins, Melissa MacLean for Matthew Killeen (am).
GEO 631 Toy Drive has concluded. The winner of the bucket of kisses is Daniel MacDonald who correctly guessed 235 candy kisses. Thank you to all home-rooms who donated. A special thank-you goes out to Sandra Hicken and her hair dye challenge which got community and the school involved raising a total of $357 for her home-room. In total, GEO 631 raised $557.70. Thank you for helping out.
- Don’t forget! The Culinary meal (postponed from last Friday) is now being served tomorrow at 11:50am in Room 136. It’s not too late to get tickets; reserve your meal during lunch break today!
- Our Christmas Concert, Santa’s Poppin’ Christmas, is this evening, starting at 7:00 pm in the cafeteria. Cost is $6 per person or $5 for students and seniors. It is going to be a super fun night of music!!
- Grads, due to the weather conditions and cancellations last week, the grad clothing order will be extended for today and tomorrow. Please see Mr. MacDonald in Room 141 at lunch if you wish to order any grad clothing.
- Viking Pride Stamp Opportunities: Bring your Viking Pride Card to the Christmas Concert or basketball games this evening to earn a stamp.
- Basketball teams have home games this evening. Men’s and Women’s teams host Morell Regional.
- The following students still have outstanding athletic fees: Dawson Lund (Volleyball) and Austin deVries (Powerlifting).
- The first rehearsal for all people who auditioned for MRHS’s musical is Tuesday from 3:30-5:30.
- Round 2 of CUL Meals: Save the dates! Meals will be served on January 6 and 13.
- Encounters Contest: Celebrate Canada’s shared history with Belgium by creating a personalized, contemporary vision of John McCrae’s celebrated poem, In Flanders Fields – a symbol of the sacrifices of all who fought in the First World War. Contest submissions may be in the form of a card, poem, recital, play, video, photo, audio recording, choreography, visual artwork or essay, expressing whatIn Flanders Fields means to you. Get inspired by learning more about John McCrae’s history and what led him to write his celebrated poem, In Flanders Fields. Visit https://www.ewc-rdc.ca/pub/en/contest. The contest deadline is February 28, 2017. See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Yearbooks can be ordered until February 17, 2017. Cost is $50; payment can be made by cash or by cheque made payable to MRHS. Yearbooks can also be ordered on-line using a credit card. The link is available on the school’s website. Do it now; avoid the rush! If you don’t order one, you won’t get one!
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday at lunch hour in Room #133. Check it out! New members welcome!
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to email@example.com or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.