It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the Following Guest Staff Today: Chelsey MacDonald for Angela Killeen, Adam Clow for Peter Connaughton, Jared Cheverie for Seana Evans-Renaud, Nicole Butler for Matthew Killeen, Theresa Spingle for Doug Weeks. Kate Liu for Trisha Burrows, Wanda Cheverie for Pauline Kelly, Mike MacAdam for Kelly Pike.
Congratulations and Best Wishes to Celina McGuigan, Lily Levesque, Jakob Gosbee and Kyla White who will be performing at the Public Schools Branch Coffee House at the Receiver in Charlottetown on Thursday evening, starting at 7:00pm. They will each be performing a reading of their spoken word poetry.
GEO 631 Toy Drive has concluded. The winner of the bucket of kisses is Daniel MacDonald who correctly guessed 235 candy kisses. Thank you to all home-rooms who donated. A special thank-you goes out to Sandra Hicken and her hair dye challenge which got community and the school involved raising a total of $357 for her home-room. In total, GEO 631 raised $557.70. Thank you for helping out.
- Our Christmas Concert, Santa’s Poppin’ Christmas, that was originally planned for this evening, has been postponed until Monday, December 19. Same time, starting at 7:00 pm in the cafeteria. Cost is $6 per person or $5 for students and seniors. It is going to be a super fun night of music!!
- Viking Pride Stamp Opportunities: Bring your Viking Pride Card to the Christmas Concert on Monday or to the Basketball Games this Friday (4:30 and 6:30) to earn a stamp.
- Dodgeball Today: Montague Flyers vs the Tribe. Next action is on Friday when Killers take on the Next Blues.
- Wrestling: Practice this week has been changed today from 4:00 to 6:00pm. Anyone going to Moncton must attend (with your signed form).
- Next Basketball games are scheduled for Friday evening when teams host Francois Buote: Men play at 4:30pm and Women play at 6:30pm.
- The following students still have outstanding athletic fees: Dawson Lund (Volleyball) and Austin deVries (Powerlifting).
- Friday’s Culinary Meal: Served on December 16 at 11:50am in Room 136, meals include winter salad with a balsamic vinaigrette, beef stew, buttermilk biscuits, rice pudding and a ginger beer for the beverage. Book your meal at the ticket booth each lunch break.
- Attention Grads: There has been a request for a second order of Grad Clothing. We will accept additional orders until Friday, December 16, at noon. Payment is required to place an order. There is a minimum number of 12 items to be able to place an order. If we do not reach the minimum number of items, payments will be returned on Friday. Orders can be placed during lunch break in Room 141 each day.
- If anyone is interested in being part of the crew of the upcoming musical, please sign up on the door of the music room. People are needed to work with props and sets, front of house (advertising, ushering, etc.), costumes/make up/hair, etc. If you have any questions, see Ms. Beck.
- There will be a full cast rehearsal for Sister Act: The Musical on Friday, December 16, from 3:15-5:00 in the music room. All cast and crew members must attend.
- Round 2 of CUL Meals: Save the dates! Meals will be served on January 6 and 13.
- Encounters Contest: Celebrate Canada’s shared history with Belgium by creating a personalized, contemporary vision of John McCrae’s celebrated poem, In Flanders Fields – a symbol of the sacrifices of all who fought in the First World War. Contest submissions may be in the form of a card, poem, recital, play, video, photo, audio recording, choreography, visual artwork or essay, expressing whatIn Flanders Fields means to you. Get inspired by learning more about John McCrae’s history and what led him to write his celebrated poem, In Flanders Fields. Visit https://www.ewc-rdc.ca/pub/en/contest. The contest deadline is February 28, 2017. See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Yearbooks can be ordered until February 17, 2017. Cost is $50; payment can be made by cash or by cheque made payable to MRHS. Yearbooks can also be ordered on-line using a credit card. The link is available on the school’s website. Do it now; avoid the rush! If you don’t order one, you won’t get one!
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday at lunch hour in Room #133. Check it out! New members welcome!
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to email@example.com or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.