It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Stephanie Shaw!
Welcome to the Following Guest Staff Today: Kenneth Nicole for Charlie Trainor, Jessica Campbell for Christie Beck, Samantha Newman for Earl Campbell, Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins, Nicole Butler for Chantelle Beaton
- Heckbert’s will return to the school today with grad photo orders from 11:45 am to 12:30 pm. Payment is due at that time. Credit card payments can be made by contacting Heckbert’s at (902)566-5500.
- SAVE meeting today at 11:50. All members should be wearing their purple shirts for a photo.
- Viking Pride Stamp Opportunities: Bring your Viking Pride Card to the Christmas Concert Thursday night (7:00) or to the Basketball Games this Friday (4:30 and 6:30) to earn a stamp.
- Dodgeball Today: Squad Balls take vs Underdodge. Next action is on Thursday when Montague Flyers take on the Tribe.
- Wrestling Change: No practice today due to the Christmas Concert at MCS. Practice is being rescheduled to Thursday, December 15, from 4:00 to 6:00pm. Anyone going to Moncton must attend (with your signed form).
- Today, the Montague High Athletic Department will be hosting the Island Storm for an intersquad game, starting at 7:00pm. Tickets for the game are on a first-come, first-served basis and can only be purchased at the game. Adult tickets cost $7, Seniors (over 55 years) cost $5, Children under 18 and students with a valid student ID will get in for just $2. All proceeds go towards the school’s athletic programs.
- Next Basketball games are scheduled for Friday evening when teams host Francois Buote: Men play at 4:30pm and Women play at 6:30pm.
- The following students still have outstanding athletic fees: Dawson Lund (Volleyball) and Austin deVries (Powerlifting).
- Don’t forget that our Christmas Concert, Santa’s Poppin’ Christmas, is this Thursday night at 7:00 pm in the cafeteria. Cost is $6 per person or $5 for students and seniors. All are welcome!! It is going to be a super fun night of music!!
- Friday’s Culinary Meal: Served on December 16 at 11:50am in Room 136, meals include winter salad with a balsamic vinaigrette, beef stew, buttermilk biscuits, rice pudding and a ginger beer for the beverage. Book your meal at the ticket booth each lunch break.
- Attention Grads: There has been a request for a second order of Grad Clothing. We will accept additional orders until Friday, December 16, at noon. Payment is required to place an order. There is a minimum number of 12 items to be able to place an order. If we do not reach the minimum number of items, payments will be returned on Friday. Orders can be placed during lunch break in Room 141 each day.
- If anyone is interested in being part of the crew of the upcoming musical, please sign up on the door of the music room. People are needed to work with props and sets, front of house (advertising, ushering, etc.), costumes/make up/hair, etc. If you have any questions, see Ms. Beck.
- There will be a full cast rehearsal for Sister Act: The Musical on Friday, December 16, from 3:15-5:00 in the music room. All cast and crew members must attend.
- Round 2 of CUL Meals: Save the dates! Meals will be served on January 6 and 13.
- Encounters Contest: Celebrate Canada’s shared history with Belgium by creating a personalized, contemporary vision of John McCrae’s celebrated poem, In Flanders Fields – a symbol of the sacrifices of all who fought in the First World War. Contest submissions may be in the form of a card, poem, recital, play, video, photo, audio recording, choreography, visual artwork or essay, expressing whatIn Flanders Fields means to you. Get inspired by learning more about John McCrae’s history and what led him to write his celebrated poem, In Flanders Fields. Visit https://www.ewc-rdc.ca/pub/en/contest. The contest deadline is February 28, 2017. See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- This year Mr. Munn’s GEO 631 is doing a toy drive. There will be numerous activities going on from now till December 16 to raise money to purchase toys. Together we can help make this Christmas special for many children in our community. PS: Keep an eye out in your home room for the collection jars. The home room that raises the most money wins a PIZZA PARTY!
- Yearbooks can be ordered until February 17, 2017. Cost is $50; payment can be made by cash or by cheque made payable to MRHS. Yearbooks can also be ordered on-line using a credit card. The link is available on the school’s website. Do it now; avoid the rush! If you don’t order one, you won’t get one!
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday at lunch hour in Room #133. Check it out! New members welcome!
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.