It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Kurtis Paula. Belated greetings are sent out to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Maddie Bedard-Adam, Celina McGuigan, and Daphne Arch.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Caleigh Oehlke, Lori Ann Campbell for Carla Richards, Nicole Butler for Karen Malone, Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy
In light of the expected weather and travel conditions, all schools in the Public Schools Branch will be dismissing 2 hours earlier than normal today. Our afternoon classes will run from 12:30 to 12:50 and 12:50 to 1:10 with no afternoon break. Students will be dismissed at 1:10pm.
- Attention Grads: There has been a request for a second order of Grad Clothing. We will accept additional orders until Friday, December 16, at noon. Payment is required to place an order. There is a minimum number of 12 items to be able to place an order. If we do not reach the minimum number of items, payments will be returned on Friday. Orders can be placed during lunch break in Room 141 each day.
- Found: A gold-coloured key (looks like a house key) on a silver chain… also a set of black head-phones. If you are missing either of these items, please check at the main office.
- Dodgeball Today: KUWTK vs Snoop Doggy Dodge. Next action is on Wednesday when Squad Balls take on the Underdodge.
- Badminton: MRHS is developing a Badminton Club which will meet after school to enjoy the game. Anyone interested is invited to stay after school today from 3:15 to 5:00pm. This is a club, not a team, so anyone can come out!
- Next Basketball games are scheduled for Friday evening when teams host Francois Buote: Men play at 4:30pm and Women play at 6:30pm.
- The following students still have outstanding athletic fees: Dawson Lund (Volleyball) and Austin deVries (Powerlifting).
- There will be a Christmas-themed art battle in the Cafeteria on Tuesday during lunch break. Mr. Trainor will be hosting. Artists include Mr. Stewart, Grace Boyce, Lily Levesque, and Jasmine Katz. Come out and cheer for who you think should win!
- Round 2 of CUL Meals: Save the dates! Meals will be served on December 16, January 6 and 13.
- Heckbert’s will return to school with grad photo orders this Wednesday, December 14, from 11:45 am to 12:30 pm. Payment is due at that time and students will be notified about their balance owing beforehand. Payment can be made by credit card by contacting Heckbert’s at (902)566-5500. Parents and guardians should note that grad photos can be ordered at any time by getting in touch with Heckbert’s.
- Encounters Contest: Celebrate Canada’s shared history with Belgium by creating a personalized, contemporary vision of John McCrae’s celebrated poem, In Flanders Fields – a symbol of the sacrifices of all who fought in the First World War. Contest submissions may be in the form of a card, poem, recital, play, video, photo, audio recording, choreography, visual artwork or essay, expressing whatIn Flanders Fields means to you. Get inspired by learning more about John McCrae’s history and what led him to write his celebrated poem, In Flanders Fields. Visit https://www.ewc-rdc.ca/pub/en/contest. The contest deadline is February 28, 2017. See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- This year Mr. Munn’s GEO 631 is doing a toy drive. There will be numerous activities going on from now till December 16 to raise money to purchase toys. Together we can help make this Christmas special for many children in our community. PS: Keep an eye out in your home room for the collection jars. The home room that raises the most money wins a PIZZA PARTY!
- On Wednesday, December 14, the Montague High Athletic Department will be hosting the Island Storm for an intersquad game. Game time is 7:00pm. Tickets for the game are on a first-come, first-serve basis and can only be purchased at the game. Adult tickets cost $7, Seniors (over 55 years) cost $5, Children under 18 and students with a valid student ID will get in for just $2. All proceeds go towards the school’s athletic programs.
- Yearbooks can be ordered until February 17, 2017. Cost is $50; payment can be made by cash or by cheque made payable to MRHS. Yearbooks can also be ordered on-line using a credit card. The link is available on the school’s website. Do it now; avoid the rush! If you don’t order one, you won’t get one!
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday at lunch hour in Room #133. Check it out! New members welcome!
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to email@example.com or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.