It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Timothy MacNeill and Madelyn Murphy.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Seana Evans-Renaud, Nicole Butler for Matthew Killeen (am)
- SAVE door competition is being judged today. Also due today are any items for Anderson House (shampoo, tooth brush, toothpaste, hand lotion, lip balm, hair brush, etc., healthy lunch items for children, crackers, jar of jelly, small box tea bags, canned goods, etc. ).
- Found: A gold-coloured key (looks like a house key) on a silver keychain… also a set of black head-phones. If you are missing one of these items, please check at the main office.
- Friday’s Culinary meal is a take on a traditional Christmas dinner. The class will be serving creamy butternut squash soup, fresh baked dinner rolls, roast turkey, duchess potatoes, gravy, peas, carrots, cranberry sauce, rich cherry cheesecake tarts and homemade apple cider. Tickets will be sold in the ticket booth Tuesday to Thursday; cost is $8.00. Check out the poster for more information.
- Dodgeball Today: Heat vs Underdodge. Next game is on Thursday when Killers take on Montague Flyers.
- Basketball teams will host Bluefield 1 today. Women play at 5:30pm and Men play at 7:30pm.
- The following students still have outstanding athletic fees: Dawson Lund (Volleyball) and Austin deVries (Powerlifting).
Basketball Tournament: Montague Regional High School is pleased to be hosting the women’s side of the MRHS/Souris Basketball Tournament this weekend.
Women’s schedule (all games played at Montague High):
- Friday, December 9: 2 pm – Montague vs Rural 2
- Friday, December 9: 4 pm – Morell vs Souris
- Friday, December 9: 6 pm – Rural vs Morell
- Saturday, December 10: 9 am – Montague vs Souris
- Saturday, December 10: 11 am – Montague vs Morell
- Saturday, December 10: 1 pm – Souris vs Rural
- Saturday, December 10: 3 pm – Top two teams
Men’s schedule (all games played at Souris Regional School):
- Pool A: Souris, Rural 2 and Morell
- Pool B: Montague, TOSH 2, and Gray 2
- Friday, December 9: 1:30 pm – Souris vs. Morell
- Friday, December 9: 3:00 pm – Rural 2 vs. Souris
- Friday, December 9: 4:45 pm – Montague vs. TOSH 2
- Friday, December 9: 6:15 pm – Morell vs. Rural 2
- Friday, December 9: 8:00 am – Gray 2 vs. TOSH 2
- Saturday, December 10: 10:00 am – Gray 2 vs. Montague
- Saturday, December 10: 11:45 am – Skills Competition
- Saturday, December 10: 12:00 pm -3rd Pool A vs. 3rd Pool B
- Saturday, December 10: 1:45 pm – 2 vs. 2
- Saturday, December 10: 3:30 pm – 1 vs. 1
- December 8: JVI will be here for a presentation at 11:45am in the Library. Please feel free to bring your lunch. They will be presenting and answering questions on Heavy Equipment Operators, Class 1A (Tractor Trailer), Class 3A (Dump Truck) and Class 2A School Bus Training.
- Students who submitted a letter of consideration to Mrs. Murphy for the EF 2018 trip are asked to please meet tomorrow (Thursday) at the beginning of lunch in Room 228.
- Grad Activity meeting is scheduled for Thursday, December 8, at 12:00 noon in Room 119.
- SADD meeting scheduled for yesterday has been postponed to Friday at 11:50am. Attendance is mandatory! Bring a lunch please! See Mrs. Killeen if you are unable to attend.
- Christmas Dance is being held on Friday evening: 7:30 to 9:30.
- Round 2 of CUL Meals: Save the dates! Meals will be served on December 9 and 16, January 6 and 13.
- Heckbert’s will return to school with grad photo orders on Wednesday, December 14, from 11:45 am to 12:30 pm. Payment is due at that time and students will be notified about their balance owing beforehand. Payment can be made by credit card by contacting Heckbert’s at (902)566-5500. Parents and guardians should note that grad photos can be ordered at any time by getting in touch with Heckbert’s.
- Visit the new December author of the month display in the Library, featuring Lee Child, show-casing some of his award-winning books. Child is the author of Killing Floor, the first in the Jack Reacher series- all popular books in our school library.
- If you are planning on ordering any school apparel before Christmas you must do so by the end of this week. Please stop by the ticket booth on Wednesday or Learning Centre A to place an order.
- This year Mr. Munn’s GEO 631 is doing a toy drive. There will be numerous activities going on from now till December 16 to raise money to purchase toys. Together we can help make this Christmas special for many children in our community. PS: Keep an eye out in your home room for the collection jars. The home room that raises the most money wins a PIZZA PARTY!
- School Clothing: Students will be advertising and taking orders every Wednesday from the ticket booth. Students are encouraged to check out the options and consider ordering school apparel. MRHS Apparel Website URL: http://blbu0778.wixsite.com/mrhsapparel
- On Wednesday, December 14, the Montague High Athletic Department will be hosting the Island Storm for an intersquad game. Game time is 7:00pm. Tickets for the game are on a first-come, first-serve basis and can only be purchased at the game. Adult tickets cost $7, Seniors (over 55 years) cost $5, Children under 18 and students with a valid student ID will get in for just $2. All proceeds go towards the school’s athletic programs.
- Yearbooks can be ordered until February 17, 2017. Cost is $50; payment can be made by cash or by cheque made payable to MRHS. Yearbooks can also be ordered on-line using a credit card. The link is available on the school’s website. Do it now; avoid the rush! If you don’t order one, you won’t get one!
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday at lunch hour in Room #133. Check it out! New members welcome!
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to email@example.com or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.