It is a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Olivia Matheson. We extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Valorie Morgan, Shayla Downe, Jenna White, Logan Fitzpatrick, Harrison Garnhum, and David Osborne.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Nicole Butler for Carla Richards, Adam Gauthier for Michael Stewart, Colleen Norris for Johathan Hayes (PM), and Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell
- Justin Flynn and Amy Squires are asked to see Mrs. Killeen in the Library today.
- This week’s Culinary meal is a take on a traditional Christmas dinner. The class will be serving creamy butternut squash soup, fresh baked dinner rolls, roast turkey, duchess potatoes, gravy, peas, carrots, cranberry sauce, rich cherry cheesecake tarts and homemade apple cider. Tickets will be sold in the ticket booth Tuesday to Thursday; cost is $8.00. Check out the poster for more information.
- Students who have art projects (drawings and/or paintings) that you would like to donate to an upcoming benefit concert in aid of the Children’s Wish Foundation should contact Cody Taylor or leave your name at the main office.
- Visit the new December author of the month display in the Library, featuring Lee Child, show-casing some of his award-winning books. Child is the author of Killing Floor, the first in the Jack Reacher series- all popular books in our school library.
- There will be a grad activity meeting on Thursday this week in room 119 at 12 noon.
- Dodgeball Today: Killers vs The Tribe. Next Dodgeball action is on Tuesday when Squad Balls take on Snoop Doggy Dodge.
- Basketball today at Charlottetown Rural. Women play at 5:30pm and the Men play at 7:30pm.
- The following students still have outstanding athletic fees: Dawson Lund (Volleyball) and Austin deVries (Powerlifting).
- Today: Holland College will be here at 11:45am for a presentation in the Library. Please feel free to bring your lunch.
- December 6: Mount Allison will be here during lunch break. On the spot admissions for any students interested
- December 8: JVI will be here for a presentation at 11:45am in the Library. Please feel free to bring your lunch. They will be presenting and answering questions on Heavy Equipment Operators, Class 1A (Tractor Trailer), Class 3A (Dump Truck) and Class 2A School Bus Training.
- The next SADD meeting will be at 12noon tomorrow (Tuesday). Attendance is mandatory! Bring a lunch please! See Mrs. Killeen if you are unable to attend.
- SAVE has extended the door decorating and the collection of items for Anderson house to Wednesday. Doors will be judged on that day. Items for Anderson House could be personal care items (shampoo, tooth brush, toothpaste, hand lotion, lip balm, hair brush, etc), healthy lunch items for children, crackers, jar of jelly, small box tea bags, canned goods, etc.
- Round 2 of CUL Meals: Save the dates! Meals will be served on December 9 and 16, January 6 and 13.
- Heckbert’s will return to school with grad photo orders on Wednesday, December 14, from 11:45 am to 12:30 pm. Payment is due at that time and students will be notified about their balance owing beforehand. Payment can be made by credit card by contacting Heckbert’s at (902)566-5500. Parents and guardians should note that grad photos can be ordered at any time by getting in touch with Heckbert’s.
- This year Mr. Munn’s GEO 631 is doing a toy drive. There will be numerous activities going on from now till December 16 to raise money to purchase toys. Together we can help make this Christmas special for many children in our community. PS: Keep an eye out in your home room for the collection jars. The home room that raises the most money wins a PIZZA PARTY!
- School Clothing: Students will be advertising and taking orders every Wednesday from the ticket booth. Students are encouraged to check out the options and consider ordering school apparel. MRHS Apparel Website URL: http://blbu0778.wixsite.com/mrhsapparel
- On Wednesday, December 14, the Montague High Athletic Department will be hosting the Island Storm for an intersquad game. Game time is 7:00pm. Tickets for the game are on a first-come, first-serve basis and can only be purchased at the game. Adult tickets cost $7, Seniors (over 55 years) cost $5, Children under 18 and students with a valid student ID will get in for just $2. All proceeds go towards the school’s athletic programs.
- Yearbooks can be ordered until February 17, 2017. Cost is $50; payment can be made by cash or by cheque made payable to MRHS. Yearbooks can also be ordered on-line using a credit card. The link is available on the school’s website. Do it now; avoid the rush! If you don’t order one, you won’t get one!
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday at lunch hour in Room #133. Check it out! New members welcome!
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.