It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Belated Birthday to Faith Best, Geena Bushey and Ean King who celebrated their birthdays yesterday.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Michael Brothers for Donna White (pm), Helena Jamieson for Kelly Matheson.
- SAVE has extended the door decorating and the collection of items for Anderson house to next Wednesday. Doors will be judged on Wednesday. Items for Anderson House could be personal care items (shampoo, tooth brush, toothpaste, hand lotion, lip balm, hair brush, etc), healthy lunch items for children, crackers, jar of jelly, small box tea bags, canned goods, etc.
- SAVE Trivia in the cafeteria at lunch today.
- Attention staff and students! As part of GEO 631’s Toy Drive fund-raiser, students are hosting a candy guess contest, each day in the cafeteria. Guesses can be made at 12:00 noon.
- Christmas dance tickets are on sale at lunch in the ticket booth. Dance contracts and all outstanding fees have to be taken care of prior to purchasing a dance ticket.
- Students who have art projects (drawings and/or paintings) that you would like to donate to an upcoming benefit concert in aid of the Children’s Wish Foundation should contact Cody Taylor or leave your name at the main office.
- Student/Staff Volleyball game today in the gym. Come cheer them on! Next Dodgeball action is on Monday when Moose bone take on University Wood Islands.
- Basketball is scheduled for Monday, December 5. Women play at Charlottetown Rural at 5:30pm and the Men play at 7:30pm.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here today at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- December 5: Holland College will be here at 11:45am for a presentation in the Library. Please feel free to bring your lunch.
- December 6: Mount Allison will be here during lunch break. On the spot admissions for any students interested
- December 8: JVI will be here for a presentation at 11:45am in the Library. Please feel free to bring your lunch. They will be presenting and answering questions on Heavy Equipment Operators, Class 1A (Tractor Trailer), Class 3A (Dump Truck) and Class 2A School Bus Training.
- The next SADD meeting will be at 12noon on Tuesday, December 6. Attendance is mandatory! Bring a lunch please! See Mrs. Killeen if you are unable to attend.
- Round 2 of CUL Meals: Save the dates! Meals will be served on December 9 and 16, January 6 and 13.
- Heckbert’s will return to school with grad photo orders on Wednesday, December 14, from 11:45 am to 12:30 pm. Payment is due at that time and students will be notified about their balance owing beforehand. Payment can be made by credit card by contacting Heckbert’s at (902)566-5500. Parents and guardians should note that grad photos can be ordered at any time by getting in touch with Heckbert’s.
- This year Mr. Munn’s GEO 631 is doing a toy drive. There will be numerous activities going on from now till December 16 to raise money to purchase toys. Together we can help make this Christmas special for many children in our community. PS: Keep an eye out in your home room for the collection jars. The home room that raises the most money wins a PIZZA PARTY!
- School Clothing: Students will be advertising and taking orders every Wednesday from the ticket booth. Students are encouraged to check out the options and consider ordering school apparel. MRHS Apparel Website URL: http://blbu0778.wixsite.com/mrhsapparel
- On Wednesday, December 14, the Montague High Athletic Department will be hosting the Island Storm for an intersquad game. Game time is 7:00pm. Tickets for the game are on a first-come, first-serve basis and can only be purchased at the game. Adult tickets cost $7, Seniors (over 55 years) cost $5, Children under 18 and students with a valid student ID will get in for just $2. All proceeds go towards the school’s athletic programs.
- Yearbooks can be ordered until February 17, 2017. Cost is $50; payment can be made by cash or by cheque made payable to MRHS. Yearbooks can also be ordered on-line using a credit card. The link is available on the school’s website. Do it now; avoid the rush! If you don’t order one, you won’t get one!
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday at lunch hour in Room #133. Check it out! New members welcome!
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to email@example.com or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.
Athletic Fees/Forms/Uniforms Missing: Students listed below are asked to pay/return ASAP! Remember that students with missing fees and/or uniforms will not be able to purchase a ticket for today’s Christmas dance!
Tanner Crant – fee
Milo Ryan – uniform
Matt Quinn – fee
(uniform = jersey & shorts)
Ross Power – fee
Dawson Lund – fee
Sawyer Acorn – uniform
Team Red Women’s Volleyball:
Rebecca Martens – uniform
Madi Jay – uniform
Maria Ferguson – form/fee
Austin deVries – fee
Allie Clements – form
Denver MacDonald – form/fee