It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Emily Tardif and belated greetings to Hunter Yorston who celebrated his special day yesterday.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Chelsey MacDonald for Sandra Hicken (am).
- Malone’s extra help will be held at lunch today instead of after school.
- There will be block meetings for Peer Helpers today during your peer helping block.
- SADD meeting today at 12noon. Attendance is mandatory! Bring a lunch please! See Mrs. Killeen if you are unable to attend.
- Writing Club will meet today after school from 3:10 to 4:00pm.
- Christmas dance tickets will be on sale until Thursday this week at lunch in the ticket booth. Dance contracts and all outstanding fees have to be taken care of prior to purchasing a dance ticket.
- Students who have art projects (drawings and/or paintings) that you would like to donate to an upcoming benefit concert in aid of the Children’s Wish Foundation should contact Cody Taylor or leave your name at the main office.
- Dodgeball Today: Squad Balls vs Snoop Doggy Dodge.
- Our basketball home openers had to be postponed yesterday, so the Basketball teams will now be playing on Wednesday, when the Women’s team play in Souris at 5:00pm and the Men play there at 7:00pm.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- December 5: Holland College will be here at 11:45am for a presentation in the Library. Please feel free to bring your lunch.
- December 8: JVI will be here for a presentation at 11:45am in the Library. Please feel free to bring your lunch. They will be presenting and answering questions on Heavy Equipment Operators, Class 1A (Tractor Trailer), Class 3A (Dump Truck) and Class 2A School Bus Training.
This is SAVE Week:
- Students are encouraged to decorate classroom doors to show you are against violence of any kind. This can be done by your homeroom or if you want to include it as part of your curriculum in another class – Go for it! Lots of activities planned for this week!
- Door decorating contest (party pizza for winning classroom) starts today; Trivia in cafeteria at lunch (prize for winning team of 6)
- Today is purple ribbon day.
- Wednesday: Purple Day (everyone wear purple)
- Thursday: Trivia in cafeteria at lunch, judging of classroom doors
- Round 2 of CUL Meals: Save the dates! Meals will be served on December 9 and 16, January 6 and 13.
- Heckbert’s will return to school with grad photo orders on Wednesday, December 14, from 11:45 am to 12:30 pm. Payment is due at that time and students will be notified about their balance owing beforehand. Payment can be made by credit card by contacting Heckbert’s at (902)566-5500. Parents and guardians should note that grad photos can be ordered at any time by getting in touch with Heckbert’s.
- This year Mr. Munn’s GEO 631 is doing a toy drive. There will be numerous activities going on from now till December 16 to raise money to purchase toys. Together we can help make this Christmas special for many children in our community. PS: Keep an eye out in your home room for the collection jars. The home room that raises the most money wins a PIZZA PARTY!
- School Clothing: Students will be advertising and taking orders every Wednesday from the ticket booth. Students are encouraged to check out the options and consider ordering school apparel. MRHS Apparel Website URL: http://blbu0778.wixsite.com/mrhsapparel
- Students/Staff are invited to support the Movember charity by making a donation in the library! A donation of $2 will earn you a free book that you can select from the library. A $5 donation will get you a moustache pen (while supplies last).
- On Wednesday, December 14, the Montague High Athletic Department will be hosting the Island Storm for an intersquad game. Game time is 7:00pm. Tickets for the game are on a first-come, first-serve basis and can only be purchased at the game. Adult tickets cost $7, Seniors (over 55 years) cost $5, Children under 18 and students with a valid student ID will get in for just $2. All proceeds go towards the school’s athletic programs.
- Yearbooks can be ordered until February 17, 2017. Cost is $50; payment can be made by cash or by cheque made payable to MRHS. Yearbooks can also be ordered on-line using a credit card. The link is available on the school’s website. Do it now; avoid the rush! If you don’t order one, you won’t get one!
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday at lunch hour in Room #133. Check it out! New members welcome!
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to email@example.com or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.
Athletic Fees/Forms/Uniforms Missing: Students listed below are asked to pay/return ASAP! Remember that students with missing fees and/or uniforms will not be able to purchase a ticket for the upcoming Christmas dance!
Tanner Crant – fee
Zach Lund – fee
Milo Ryan – uniform
Matt Quinn – uniform/fee
(uniform = jersey & shorts)
Dyllin Bernard – uniform
Ross Power – fee
Marshall Ryan – fee balance $10
Dawson Lund – uniform/fee
Sawyer Acorn – uniform
Brady Vincent – uniform
Ben MacKenzie – uniform
Alex MacKinnon – $13 for shorts
Team Red Women’s Volleyball:
Rebecca Martens – uniform
Madi Jay – uniform
Brady Vincent – fee/form
Maria Ferguson – form/fee
Austin deVries – fee
Allie Clements – form
Denver MacDonald – form/fee