It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy (early) Birthday to Micah MacDonald and Ishverdeep Singh who will be celebrating their birthdays tomorrow.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Nicole Butler for Jonathan Hayes, Robert Kaufman for Ronnie Munn
- Any students interested in travelling on an EF trip to Central Europe: Budapest, Vienna, Prague, Berlin, in June 2018 please meet in Room 228 today at the beginning of lunch.
- Any students who wish to audition for the school musical who have not already done so, should meet Ms. Beck in the music room at 11:45 today at lunch. This is the last opportunity to audition.
- The Student Council Mascot Fundraising Blitz continues. Candy bags ($1.50), suckers ($1.00), and tickets for the “Guess the Candy in the Jar” contest ($0.25) are still available today. Winner for the candy jar will be announced today.
- Christmas Dance will be held Thursday, December 1, from 7:30 to 9:30pm. Everyone who plans to attend needs to have a signed contract prior to purchasing a ticket. If you are taking a sign in, the contract form is due to Ms. Evans Renaud today. Tickets are $10.
- Dodgeball Today: Next Blues take vs Moose Bone. Next action is on Monday when Squad Balls take on Snoop Doggy Dodge.
- Our basketball season starts on Monday, when MRHS hosts Morell Regional High School. The Women play at 4:30pm and the Men play at 6:30pm. Go Vikings!
- SHAD is seeking high achieving students interested in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) who are seeking an enrichment experience. The online application due date is November 28, by 11:59pm. More details and information are available in Student Services.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- December 5: Holland College will be here at 11:45am for a presentation in the Library. Please feel free to bring your lunch.
- December 8: JVI will be here for a presentation at 11:45am in the Library. Please feel free to bring your lunch. They will be presenting and answering questions on Heavy Equipment Operators, Class 1A (Tractor Trailer), Class 3A (Dump Truck) and Class 2A School Bus Training.
Next Week is SAVE Week:
- Students are encouraged to decorate classroom doors to show you are against violence of any kind. This can be done by your homeroom or if you want to include it as part of your curriculum in another class – Go for it! Lots of activities planned for next week!
- Monday: Door decorating contest (party pizza for winning classroom); Trivia in cafeteria at lunch (prize for winning team of 6)
- Tuesday: SAVE members visit homerooms to do 1-2 minute talk on SAVE, purple ribbon day
- Wednesday: Purple Day (everyone wear purple)
- Thursday: Trivia in cafeteria at lunch, judging of classroom doors
- Next SADD meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 29, at 12noon. Attendance is mandatory! Bring a lunch please! See Mrs. Killeen if you are unable to attend.
- Round 2 of CUL Meals: Save the dates! Meals will be served on December 9 and 16, January 6 and 13.
- Heckbert’s will return to school with grad photo orders on Wednesday, December 14, from 11:45 am to 12:30 pm. Payment is due at that time and students will be notified about their balance owing beforehand. Payment can be made by credit card by contacting Heckbert’s at (902)566-5500. Parents and guardians should note that grad photos can be ordered at any time by getting in touch with Heckbert’s.
- This year Mr. Munn’s GEO 631 is doing a toy drive. There will be numerous activities going on from now till December 16 to raise money to purchase toys. Together we can help make this Christmas special for many children in our community. PS: Keep an eye out in your home room for the collection jars. The home room that raises the most money wins a PIZZA PARTY!
- School Clothing: Students will be advertising and taking orders every Wednesday from the ticket booth. Students are encouraged to check out the options and consider ordering school apparel. MRHS Apparel Website URL: http://blbu0778.wixsite.com/mrhsapparel
- Students/Staff are invited to support the Movember charity by making a donation in the library! A donation of $2 will earn you a free book that you can select from the library. A $5 donation will get you a moustache pen (while supplies last).
- On Wednesday, December 14, the Montague High Athletic Department will be hosting the Island Storm for an intersquad game. Game time is 7:00pm. Tickets for the game are on a first-come, first-serve basis and can only be purchased at the game. Adult tickets cost $7, Seniors (over 55 years) cost $5, Children under 18 and students with a valid student ID will get in for just $2. All proceeds go towards the school’s athletic programs.
- Yearbooks can be ordered until February 17, 2017. Cost is $50; payment can be made by cash or by cheque made payable to MRHS. Yearbooks can also be ordered on-line using a credit card. The link is available on the school’s website. Do it now; avoid the rush! If you don’t order one, you won’t get one!
- Students are reminded that all Student and Athletic fees must be paid, as well as uniforms returned, in order to purchase a dance ticket. Those students planning on going to the Christmas dance this year should make sure all fees are paid and sports uniforms returned, to avoid disappointment when trying to purchase your dance ticket! See below for the extensive list of students with outstanding Athletic items.
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday at lunch hour in Room #133. Check it out! New members welcome!
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.
Athletic Fees/Forms/Uniforms Missing: Students listed below are asked to pay/return ASAP! Remember that students with missing fees and/or uniforms will not be able to attend the upcoming Christmas dance!
Tanner Crant – fee
Zach Lund – fee
Milo Ryan – uniform
Matt Quinn – uniform/fee
Donavan Bears – fee
(uniform = jersey & shorts)
Dyllin Bernard – uniform
Ross Power – fee
Marshall Ryan – fee balance $10
Darian Rice – shorts only
Dawson Lund – uniform/fee
Sawyer Acorn – uniform
Brady Vincent – uniform
Ben MacKenzie – uniform
Team Red Women’s Volleyball:
Hannah Annear – uniform
Rebecca Martens – uniform
Madi Jay – uniform
Team Black Women’s Volleyball:
Jaylyn Carroll – uniform
Women’s Field Hockey:
Sarah Christensen – uniform
Brady Vincent – fee/form
Dyllin Bernard – form
Maria Ferguson – form/fee
Donavan Bears – form/fee
Austin deVries – fee
Morgan Kemp – form/fee
Allie Clements – form
William MacLeod – fee
Caleb Creed – fee