It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Amrinder Singh.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Michael Brothers for Peter Connaughton, Elouise Halloran for Trisha Burrows
Student Council Mascot Fundraising Blitz Week:
- Tuesday: Toonie Toss (in the gymnasium). Bring a toonie and closest to the center will win a gift card.
- Wednesday: Pie in the Face (in the cafeteria). Bring some money and pie your favourite teacher in the face.
- Thursday: Dessert Auction (in the cafeteria). Bring some money and bid on a delicious dessert!
- Candy bags ($1.50), suckers ($1.00), and “Guess the Candy in the Jar” contest ($0.25) will be going on all week. Winner for the candy jar will be announced on Friday.
- Congratulations to Ms. Malone’s homeroom for bringing in the most food donations last week during the Food Bank competition!
- Slam Poetry Group will meet today at 12:00 in Room 211. New members are always welcome!
- SADD meeting today at 12noon. Attendance is very important! Bring a lunch please!
- Auditions for MRHS’s musical have been rescheduled to today after school due to unforeseen circumstances. If you would like to add your name to the audition list, please come to the cafeteria after school today.
- Choir is postponed from today (Tuesday) after school to tomorrow (Wednesday) at 7:30am and 3:30pm. See you all there!!
- Next Dodgeball Action: Wednesday when KUWTK take on the Heat.
- On Wednesday, December 14, the Montague High Athletic Department will be hosting the Island Storm for an intersquad game. Game time is 7:00pm. Tickets for the game are on a first-come, first-serve basis and can only be purchased at the game. Adult tickets cost $7, Seniors (over 55 years) cost $5, Children under 18 and students with a valid student ID will get in for just $2. All proceeds go towards the school’s athletic programs.
- Viking 7-Week Fitness Challenge continues! It’s not too late to join, all students and staff are welcome! Go Vikings!
- Tuesday 7:15am – Walk/Run club, 3:20 – Fitness Center Workout
- Wednesday – 12:05pm Yoga in Room 247, 3:20pm – Boot Camp
- Thursday 7:15am – Walk/Run club, 3:20 – Fitness Center Workout
- SHAD is seeking high achieving students interested in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) who are seeking an enrichment experience. The online application due date is November 28, by 11:59pm. More details and information are available in Student Services.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- December 5: Holland College will be here at 11:45am for a presentation in the Library. Please feel free to bring your lunch.
- December 8: JVI will be here for a presentation at 11:45am in the Library. Please feel free to bring your lunch. They will be presenting and answering questions on Heavy Equipment Operators, Class 1A (Tractor Trailer), Class 3A (Dump Truck) and Class 2A School Bus Training.
- Heckbert’s will return to school with grad photo orders on Wednesday, December 14, from 11:45 am to 12:30 pm. Payment is due at that time and students will be notified about their balance owing beforehand. Payment can be made by credit card by contacting Heckbert’s at (902)566-5500. Parents and guardians should note that grad photos can be ordered at any time by getting in touch with Heckbert’s.
- This year Mr. Munn’s GEO 631 is doing a toy drive. There will be numerous activities going on from now till December 16 to raise money to purchase toys. Together we can help make this Christmas special for many children in our community. PS: Keep an eye out in your home room for the collection jars. The home room that raises the most money wins a PIZZA PARTY!
- Yearbooks can be ordered until February 17, 2017. Cost is $50; payment can be made by cash or by cheque made payable to MRHS. Yearbooks can also be ordered on-line using a credit card. The link is available on the school’s website. Do it now; avoid the rush! If you don’t order one, you won’t get one!
- Students are reminded that all Student and Athletic fees must be paid, as well as uniforms returned, in order to purchase a dance ticket. Those students planning on going to the Christmas dance this year should make sure all fees are paid and sports uniforms returned, to avoid disappointment when trying to purchase your dance ticket! See below for the extensive list of students with outstanding Athletic items.
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday at lunch hour in Room #133. Check it out! New members welcome!
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.
Athletic Fees/Forms/Uniforms Missing: Students listed below are asked to pay/return ASAP! Remember that students with missing fees and/or uniforms will not be able to attend the upcoming Christmas dance!
Tanner Crant – fee
Brandon Lund – fee
Zach Lund – uniform/fee
Milo Ryan – uniform
Matt Quinn – uniform/fee
Donavan Bears – fee
(uniform = jersey & shorts)
Dyllin Bernard – uniform
Hunter Wight – uniform
Ross Power – fee
Marshall Ryan – uniform/fee
Darian Rice – uniform
Dawson Lund – uniform/fee
Sawyer Acorn – uniform
John Campbell – uniform/fee
Brady Vincent – uniform
Stephen Thompson – uniform
Ben MacKenzie – uniform
Alex MacKinnon – uniform
Team Red Women’s Volleyball:
Hannah Annear – uniform
Robyn Vandenberge – uniform
Rebecca Martens – uniform
Madi Jay – uniform/fee
Team Black Women’s Volleyball:
Kyla White – uniform
Jaylyn Carroll – uniform
Women’s Field Hockey:
Alexa Cann – uniform
Emma Stewart – uniform
Sarah Christensen – uniform
Maria Ferguson – uniform
Grace Gormley – uniform
Morgan Jardine – fee
Emma London – fee/form
Brady Vincent – fee/form
Dyllin Bernard – form
Maria Ferguson – form/fee
Donavan Bears – form/fee
Austin deVries – fee
Morgan Kemp – form/fee
Allie Clements – form
William MacLeod – fee
Caleb Creed – fee