It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Jessica Campbell for Christie Beck, Adam Clow for Alana Trainor, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene
- SADD Week continues and November 16 is National Day of Remembrance for Road Crash Victims. This day is Canada’s way to remember and honour these victims and their families. It is commemorated the third Wednesday each November and is a solemn reminder of the often preventative nature of these tragedies. When it comes to driving, avoidable actions can save lives.
- Homeroom teachers: Please record names of all those wearing red today in honour of road crash victims. Send sheet to library by the end of A-Block We will draw for gift card to Mcdonald’s.
- Also, any students who have returned a contract for life are asked to please send them to the library to be entered into a gas card draw. Winners will announced at the end of the day as well.
- Christmas Scholastic book order slips as well as a new Teen Reader catalogue have arrived and are available in the Library.
- Don’t forget Student Council’s homeroom competition! The homeroom who collects the most food donations for the food bank will win a pizza party. The competition runs until Thursday of this week.
- The Social Justice and Diversity Club is holding a bake sale on Thursday (note change of day). Cupcakes, cookies and even cake pops will be for sale in the Cafeteria.
- Students are reminded that all Student and Athletic fees must be paid, as well as uniforms returned, in order to purchase a dance ticket. Those students planning on going to the Christmas dance this year should make sure all fees are paid and sports uniforms returned, to avoid disappointment when trying to purchase your dance ticket! See below for the extensive list of students with outstanding Athletic items.
- Dodgeball Action Today: Next Blues vs Montague Flyers. Next game is Thursday when the Underdodge take on Snoop Doggy Dodge.
- There is a bus for Student Volunteers going to the Montague Intermediate Special Olympics Fun Day. Bus leaves at 12:15pm; students going should be on time. All Leadership students should take their volunteer forms with them.
- Women’s Basketball: Tryouts this evening from 5:00 to 7:00. These are the last tryouts for the team!
- Week 2 of the Viking 7-Week Fitness Challenge continues! It’s not too late to join, all students and staff are welcome! Go Vikings! Here is the schedule for the rest of this week:
- Wednesday Noon time Yoga in the Fitness Center, 3:20pm Boot Camp
- Thursday 7:15am Walk/Run Club, 3:20pm Fitness Center Workout
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- Applications for the TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are available in Student Services. The deadline is November 18, 2016. If you have any questions you should see Ms. Victor.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- SHAD is seeking high achieving students interested in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) who are seeking an enrichment experience. The online application due date is November 28, by 11:59pm. More details and information are available in Student Services.
- Parent Teachers are being held this Thursday from 6:00 to 8:30pm and again on Friday from 9:00am to 12:00 noon and from 1:00 to 3:00pm. There will be no classes for students on Friday.
- Looking ahead: Students are reminded that the library is open for students to work during Parent-Teacher Interview times. Great opportunity to get caught up or get ahead!
- Auditions for Camp Rock: The Musical will be after school on Monday and Wednesday of next week. You do not need to be a member of the music department to audition for this show. You just need to be interested in acting and having fun putting a show together. Everyone who auditions should have a memorized monologue and a song prepared. The sign-up sheet for a spot is on the music room door.
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday and Tuesday at lunch hour and/or after school on Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:15 to 4:00pm in Room #133.
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to email@example.com or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.
Athletic Fees/Forms/Uniforms Missing: Students listed below are asked to pay/return ASAP! Remember that students with missing fees and/or uniforms will not be able to attend the upcoming Christmas dance!
Braden Stewart – uniform/fee
Tanner Crant – fee
Brandon Lund – fee
Zach Lund – uniform/fee
Milo Ryan – uniform
Matt Quinn – uniform/fee
Donavan Bears – fee
Lily Levesque – fee
(uniform = jersey & shorts)
Dyllin Bernard – uniform
Hunter Wight – uniform
Ross Power – fee
Marshall Ryan – uniform/fee
Darian Rice – uniform
Dawson Lund – uniform/fee
Sawyer Acorn – uniform
John Campbell – uniform/fee
Brady Vincent – uniform
Stephen Thompson – uniform
Ben MacKenzie – uniform
Alex MacKinnon – uniform
Team Red Women’s Volleyball:
Hannah Annear – uniform
Abigail Munro – uniform
Robyn Vandenberge – uniform
Emma London – uniform
Rebecca Martens – uniform
Grace Rooney – uniform
Sarah MacRae – uniform
Madi Jay – uniform/fee
Team Black Women’s Volleyball:
Kyla White – uniform
Lydia MacLeod – uniform
Gabrielle Vandaele – uniform
Jaylyn Carroll – uniform
Madison Penny – uniform
Women’s Field Hockey:
Alexa Cann – uniform
Emma Stewart – uniform
Sarah Christensen – uniform
Alyta VandenBroek – uniform
Maria Ferguson – uniform
Grace Gormley – uniform
Trey VanColen – fee
TJ MacLeod – fee
Morgan Jardine – fee
Emma London – fee/form
Brady Vincent – fee/form
John Campbell – fee/form
Dyllin Bernard – form
Ben MacKenzie – form/fee
Maria Ferguson – form/fee
Donavan Bears – form/fee
Austin deVries – form/fee
Darius Gardiner – fee
Lauren MacDonald – form/fee
Morgan Kemp – form/fee
Allie Clements – form
Lindsay Birt – fee
William MacLeod – fee
Caleb Creed – fee