It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Kenneth Nicolle for Charlie Trainor (pm), Jessica Campbell for Sharon Anderson, Adam Clow for Timothy Lea
This is SADD Week! Some numbers to think about today:
- Every day, 28 people are killed by drunk drivers.
- Every 51 minutes, drunk driving ends a life.
- Teen alcohol use kills 4,700 people each year – that’s more than all illegal drugs combined.
- Drunk driving is a 100% preventable crime.
- We get 1 life.
- Student Council is running a homeroom competition. The homeroom who collects the most food donations for the food bank will win a pizza party. The competition will run Tuesday to Thursday of this week only.
- The Social Justice and Diversity Club will be holding a bake sale on Wednesday (tomorrow). Cupcakes, cookies and even cake pops will be for sale in the Cafeteria.
- Students are reminded that all Student and Athletic fees must be paid, as well as uniforms returned, in order to purchase a dance ticket. Those students planning on going to the Christmas dance this year should make sure all fees are paid and sports uniforms returned, to avoid disappointment when trying to purchase your dance ticket!
- STRIVE Meeting is today at 11:45 in the Student Services area. New members are welcome.
- There will be choir after school today but rehearsal is cancelled tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.
- Any students are welcome to attend the Employer Speaker Series on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 from 9:00 to 12:00 at the Rural Action Centre on 540 Main Street. Guest speakers/employers will include E Force PEI Skills Learning Program, Montague Atlantic Superstore, Town of Montague, and the Agriculture Sector Council. To RSVP, contact Canda MacNeil at the PEI Council for People with Disabilities at 902-838-5878.
- Dodgeball Action Today: KUWTK vs Squad Balls. Next game is on Wednesday when the Next Blues take on Montague Flyers.
- Week 2 of the Viking 7-Week Fitness Challenge continues! It’s not too late to join, all students and staff are welcome! Go Vikings! Here is the schedule for the rest of this week:
- Tuesday 7:15am Walk/Run Club, 3:20pm Fitness Center Workout
- Wednesday Noon time Yoga in the Fitness Center, 3:20pm Boot Camp
- Thursday 7:15am Walk/Run Club, 3:20pm Fitness Center Workout
Athletes Fees/Forms/Uniforms Missing: Students listed below are asked to submit your missing items:
- Cross Country: Marya MacPherson (fee), Micah MacDonald (fee), Colby Whilt (fee), Sarah Christensen (form & fee), Donavan Bears (fee), Tanner Crant (fee).
- Men’s Volleyball: Marshal Ryan (fee), Dawson Lund (fee), John Campbell (fee), Brady Vincent (fee).
- Women’s Soccer: Lily Levesque (fee).
- Men’s Soccer: Tanner Crant (fee), Braden Stewart (fee & uniform), Brandon Lund (fee), Zach Lund (fee & uniform), Matt Quinn (fee & uniform), Donavan Bears (fee & uniform), Daniel Martell (uniform), Milo Ryan (uniform), Ishveerdeep Singh (uniform)
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- Applications for the TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are available in Student Services. The deadline is November 18, 2016. If you have any questions you should see Ms. Victor.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- SHAD is seeking high achieving students interested in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) who are seeking an enrichment experience. The online application due date is November 28, by 11:59pm. More details and information are available in Student Services.
- Parent Teachers are being held this Thursday from 6:00 to 8:30pm and again on Friday from 9:00am to 12:00 noon and from 1:00 to 3:00pm. There will be no classes for students on Friday.
- Looking ahead: Students are reminded that the library is open for students to work during Parent-Teacher Interview times. Great opportunity to get caught up or get ahead!
- Auditions for the musical, Disney’s Camp Rock! are Monday and Wednesday, November 21 and 23 from 3:30-6:00 in the cafeteria. Anyone who wishes to audition should sign up outside the music room and should prepare a memorized monologue and a song. A dance is optional for the audition.
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday and Tuesday at lunch hour and/or after school on Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:15 to 4:00pm in Room #133.
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to email@example.com or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.