It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Kayla Lamb.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Jennifer Murphy, Jessica Campbell for Sharon Anderson
- This week, we celebrate SADD week. SADD stands for a few things, including Students Against Drinking and Driving or Students Against Destructive Decisions. Here at Montague Regional, our club will represent students against impairment as well as distracted and aggressive driving. This week, we will have a Red Ribbon Campaign, a Wear Red Day, a guest speaker, and draws for gas cards. Please stay tuned to daily announcements all week.
- Volunteer Opportunities for Teens: Any students, especially those participating in the Community Service Bursary Program or the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, who are looking for meaningful volunteer opportunities in their communities are encouraged to get in touch with their local public library. Here are just a few of the ways teen volunteers can help at their library: Assisting with children’s programming, author visits, or special events; Creating fun, interesting book displays; Shelving materials; Teaching seniors how to use computers and social media; Working as reading buddies with younger children. Every public library has different needs and each teen has different talents, so teens should contact their local branch for more information. As a bonus, volunteering in the library can provide valuable experience for teens interested in future careers in the education, information management or childcare sectors.
- We are in week 2 of the Viking 7-Week Fitness Challenge! It’s not too late to join, all students and staff are welcome! Here is the schedule for this week:
- Monday 3:20pm Boot Camp
- Tuesday 7:15am Walk/Run Club, 3:20pm Fitness Center Workout
- Wednesday Noon time Yoga in the Fitness Center, 3:20pm Boot Camp
- Thursday 7:15am Walk/Run Club, 3:20pm Fitness Center Workout
- Go Vikings!
- Next Dodgeball Action is on Tuesday when KUWTK take on Squad Balls.
Athletes Fees/Forms/Uniforms Missing: Students listed below are asked to submit your missing items:
- Golf: T.J.MacLeod (fee)
- Cross Country: Marya MacPherson (fee), Micah MacDonald (fee), Colby Whilt (fee), Sarah Christensen (form & fee), Donavan Bears (fee), Tanner Crant (fee).
- Men’s Volleyball: Marshal Ryan (fee), Dawson Lund (fee), John Campbell (fee), Brady Vincent (fee).
- Women’s Soccer: Lily Levesque (fee).
- Men’s Soccer: Tanner Crant (fee), Braden Stewart (fee & uniform), Brandon Lund (fee), Zach Lund (fee & uniform), Matt Quinn (fee & uniform), Donavan Bears (fee & uniform), Daniel Martell (uniform), Milo Ryan (uniform), Ishveerdeep Singh (uniform)
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- Applications for the TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are available in Student Services. The deadline is November 18, 2016. If you have any questions you should see Ms. Victor.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- SHAD is seeking high achieving students interested in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) who are seeking an enrichment experience. The online application due date is November 28, by 11:59pm. More details and information are available in Student Services.
- STRIVE Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, November 15, at 11:45. New members are welcome. Meeting will be held in the Student Services area.
- Auditions for the musical, Disney’s Camp Rock! are Monday and Wednesday, November 21 and 23 from 3:30-6:00 in the cafeteria. Anyone who wishes to audition should sign up outside the music room and should prepare a memorized monologue and a song. A dance is optional for the audition.
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday and Tuesday at lunch hour and/or after school on Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:15 to 4:00pm in Room #133.
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.