It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy (early) Birthday to Eve MacKinnon and Milo Ryan who will be celebrating their birthdays this coming weekend.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Nicole Butler for Trisha Burrows
Message from Principal, Seana Evans-Renaud: I would like to extend my gratitude and appreciation to the 140 students who were involved in the Remembrance Day Ceremony presented to the student body and public yesterday. Participants included Kirk White’s band, Christie Beck’s choir, Amy Beck on guitar, Sarah MacRae and Grace Rooney as MC’s, Doug Weeks’ Island History class, Sharon Anderson’s Culinary 801 class, Trisha Burrows’ English 521 class, Chantelle Beaton’s Student Council, Tim Lea’s Slam Poetry Club and the Cadets. Of course, we cannot forget the leadership of Tim Lea and his Drama 801 class who orchestrated the entire production. The reputation of the high caliber of performance by our students has been spreading rapidly, and the number of spectators continues to increase. Once again, congratulations on a job well done!
Staff and students are invited to join the Viking 7 Week Fitness Challenge! This challenge will focus on Mental Health, Nutrition, and Physical Fitness, with weekly tips and challenges, and opportunities to join with a group for physical activities. This week’s schedule:
- Monday: 7:15am Boot Camp
- Wednesday: noon time Yoga (fitness center) and after school Boot Camp (3:20pm)
- Thursday: 7:15am walk/run club, after school Fitness Center Workout (3:20pm)
Please see Mrs. MacDonald for further information.
- Students are reminded that there are no classes tomorrow (Remembrance Day).
- Dodgeball Today: Moose Bone vs Killers. Next action is on Tuesday when KUWTK vs Squad Balls.
- Women’s Basketball tryouts are being held today from 5:00 to 7:00pm.
- PEI Soccer All Stars: Savannah Vandenberghe, Braylan MacEachern, Lily Levesque, Brandon Lund, Daniel Martell, and Zack Lund. Congratulations to these athletes recognized at the provincial level.
- Field Hockey League All Stars: Grace Gormley, Kelly Clements and Kristen MacIntyre. Provincial tournament All Star: Kristen McIntyre. Tournament MVP: Kelly Clements.
Athletes Fees/Forms/Uniforms Missing: Students listed below are asked to submit your missing items:
- Golf: T.J.MacLeod (fee)
- Cross Country: Marya MacPherson (fee), Micah MacDonald (fee), Colby Whilt (fee), Sarah Christensen (form & fee), Donavan Bears (fee), Tanner Crant (fee).
- Men’s Volleyball: Marshal Ryan (fee), Dawson Lund (fee), John Campbell (fee), Brady Vincent (fee).
- Women’s Soccer: Lily Levesque (fee).
- Men’s Soccer: Tanner Crant (fee), Braden Stewart (fee & uniform), Brandon Lund (fee), Zach Lund (fee & uniform), Matt Quinn (fee & uniform), Donavan Bears (fee & uniform), Daniel Martell (uniform), Milo Ryan (uniform), Ishveerdeep Singh (uniform)
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- Applications for the TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are available in Student Services. The deadline is November 18, 2016. If you have any questions you should see Ms. Victor.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- SHAD is seeking high achieving students interested in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) who are seeking an enrichment experience. The online application due date is November 28, by 11:59pm. More details and information are available in Student Services.
- Next week, we will be celebrating SADD week at Montague Regional. Please stay tuned to daily announcements for special activities.
- Auditions for the musical, Disney’s Camp Rock! are Monday and Wednesday, November 21 and 23 from 3:30-6:00 in the cafeteria. Anyone who wishes to audition should sign up outside the music room and should prepare a memorized monologue and a song. A dance is optional for the audition.
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday and Tuesday at lunch hour and/or after school on Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:15 to 4:00pm in Room #133.
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.