It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Belated Birthday to Evan Campbell and Hannah MacDonald who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Nicole Butler for Angela Killeen, Michael Brothers for Jennifer Victor.
- UPEI will be here today for an information session. The presentation will take place at 11:45am in the Library Conference Room.
- SADD committee members, please see Ms. Butler in the Library today to sign thank you cards and get schedules for upcoming SADD Week, if you haven’t already done so.
- Breakfast Club: Due to preparations for the Remembrance Day Services, there will be NO Breakfast Club on Wednesday, November 9. Cheese and granola bars will be available in Student Services from 8:10 until 8:35am.
- Men’s Volleyball Team plays quarter finals today at Colonel Gray. Game start time is 6:00pm and the bus is leaving here at 4:00pm.
- Dodgeball Today: University Wood Islands vs The Next Blues. Next action is on Wednesday when The Heat take on Snoop Doggy Dodge.
- PEI Soccer Allstars: Savannah Vandenberghe, Braylan MacEachern, Lily Levesque, Brandon Lund, Daniel Martell, and Zack Lund. Congratulations to these athletes recognized at the provincial level.
- Field Hockey League All Stars: Grace Gormley, Kelly Clements and Kristen McIntrye. Provincial tournament All Star: Kristen McIntyre. Tournament MVP: Kelly Clements.
Athletes Fees/Forms/Uniforms Missing: Students listed below are asked to submit your missing items:
- Golf: T.J.MacLeod (fee)
- Cross Country: Marya MacPherson (fee), Micah MacDonald (fee), Colby Whilt (fee), Sarah Christensen (form & fee), Donavan Bears (fee), Tanner Crant (fee).
- Men’s Volleyball: Marshal Ryan (fee), Dawson Lund (fee), John Campbell (fee), Brady Vincent (fee).
- Women’s Soccer: Lily Levesque (fee).
- Women’s Volleyball: Madi Jay (fee).
- Men’s Soccer: Tanner Crant (fee), Braden Stewart (fee & uniform), Brandon Lund (fee), Zach Lund (fee & uniform), Matt Quinn (fee & uniform), Donavan Bears (fee & uniform), Daniel Martell (uniform), Milo Ryan (uniform), Ishveerdeep Singh (uniform)
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- Wednesday, November 9: St. FX and Memorial representatives are both here on Wednesday. Students interested in these universities should visit Student Services for more information.
- Applications for the TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are available in Student Services. The deadline is November 18, 2016. If you have any questions you should see Ms. Victor.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- SHAD is seeking high achieving students interested in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) who are seeking an enrichment experience. The online application due date is November 28, by 11:59pm. More details and information are available in Student Services.
- Students are reminded that this week is a short one for you! There are no classes on Tuesday, November 8 (PD in the Montague/Morell/Souris families of schools) and no classes on Friday, November 11 (Remembrance Day).
- Our Drama class will be hosting the Remembrance Day services this week, scheduled for 10:20am and 7:00pm on Wednesday, November 9.
- Auditions for the musical, Disney’s Camp Rock! are Monday and Wednesday, November 21 and 23 from 3:30-6:00 in the cafeteria. Anyone who wishes to audition should sign up outside the music room and should prepare a memorized monologue and a song. A dance is optional for the audition.
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday and Tuesday at lunch hour and/or after school on Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:15 to 4:00pm in Room #133.
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to email@example.com or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.