It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Jared McMullin.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Michael Brothers for Matthew Killeen, Kirk White for Andrew Henderson (am), Kenneth Nicolle for Sandra Hicken, Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Helena Jamieson for Kelly Matheson (pm).
- Fly Tyers will meet at 11:45am in Room 131.
- Student Council: The money ($20) for the shirt order is due today, Friday, November 4.
- Postcards for Peace are due back to the Library today. Teachers may be interested in having a class complete a card if time allows.
- Canada Remembers newspapers are available in the Library.
- Daylight Saving Time ends this weekend. Don’t forget to turn your clocks back on Sunday morning.
- Ringette Action: Congrats to MRHS’s Cora MacKenzie on a brilliant shutout against Souris Savers last night. She stole the game for C’town with a 3-0 win.
- Dodgeball Friday: KUWTK play the Underdodge.
- The Men’s Volleyball game against Colonel Gray that was played on Wednesday is being recorded by Eastlink. The game will be broadcast next Monday evening, Nov.7, at 7 pm on Eastlink TV, and then re-broadcast that Saturday, Nov.12, at 2 pm.
- Both our Women’s Volleyball teams will play their finals this Saturday, Nov 5. Good luck to the teams!
Athletes Fees/Forms Missing: Students listed below are asked to submit your fees and/or forms.
- Golf: T.J.MacLeod (fee)
- Cross Country: Marya MacPherson (fee), Micah MacDonald (fee), Colby Whilt (fee), Sarah Christensen (form & fee), Donavan Bears (fee), Tanner Crant (fee).
- Men’s Volleyball: Marshal Ryan (fee), Dawson Lund (fee), John Campbell (fee), Brady Vincent (fee).
- Women’s Soccer: Lily Levesque (fee).
- Women’s Volleyball: Madi Jay (fee).
- Men’s Soccer: Tanner Crant (fee), Braden Stewart (fee), Brandon Lund (fee), Zach Lund (fee), Matt Quinn (fee), Donavan Bears (fee).
- Students are invited to attend a Holland College Campus Tour Day (tomorrow), November 5. All Campuses will be open from 10:00am to 2:00pm. More information at hollandcollege.com.
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- UPEI will be here for an information session on Monday, November 7. The presentation will take place at 11:45am in the Library Conference Room.
- Applications for the TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are available in Student Services. The deadline is November 18, 2016. If you have any questions you should see Ms. Victor.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- SHAD is seeking high achieving students interested in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) who are seeking an enrichment experience. The online application due date is November 28, by 11:59pm. More details and information are available in Student Services.
- SADD committee members, please see Mrs. Killeen today to sign thank you cards and get schedules for upcoming SADD Week, if you haven’t already done so.
- Band students are reminded that next week’s band practice will be on Monday, November 7, instead of Tuesday.
- Students are reminded that next week is a short one for you! There are no classes on Tuesday, November 8 (PD in the Montague/Morell/Souris families of schools) and no classes on Friday, November 11 (Remembrance Day).
- Auditions for the musical, Disney’s Camp Rock! are Monday and Wednesday, November 21 and 23 from 3:30-6:00 in the cafeteria. Anyone who wishes to audition should sign up outside the music room and should prepare a memorized monologue and a song. A dance is optional for the audition.
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday and Tuesday at lunch hour and/or after school on Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:15 to 4:00pm in Room #133.
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.