It is a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Kristina McLane, Nicole Butler for Angela Killeen, and Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell
- Oceanography 621 students should meet in the lobby at 12:30 for their field trip to Saint Andrew’s Point. Students who have not passed in their permission forms should drop them off to Mr. Trainor. Teachers – a list of students attending will be posted on the Google Calendar.
- Any Disney Choir members who wish to sell meat may pick up order forms from Ms. Hicken today.
- Student Council: The money ($20) for the shirt order is due this Friday, November 4.
- Social Justice and Diversity club will meet today at 12:00 in room 210 (Mr. Munn’s room). New members are always welcome.
- Dodgeball Friday: KUWTK play the Underdodge.
- The Men’s Volleyball game against Colonel Gray that was played yesterday is being recorded by Eastlink. The game will be broadcast next Monday evening, Nov.7, at 7 pm on Eastlink TV, and then re-broadcast that Saturday, Nov.12, at 2 pm.
- Both our Women’s Volleyball teams will play their finals this Saturday, Nov 5. Good luck to the teams!
Athletes Fees/Forms Missing: Students listed below are asked to submit your fees and/or forms.
- Golf: T.J.MacLeod (fee)
- Cross Country: Marya MacPherson (fee), Micah MacDonald (fee), Colby Whilt (fee), Sarah Christensen (form & fee), Donavan Bears (fee), Tanner Crant (fee).
- Men’s Volleyball: Marshal Ryan (fee), Dawson Lund (fee), John Campbell (fee), Brady Vincent (fee).
- Women’s Soccer: Lily Levesque (fee).
- Women’s Volleyball: Madi Jay (fee).
- Men’s Soccer: Tanner Crant (fee), Braden Stewart (fee), Brandon Lund (fee), Zach Lund (fee), Matt Quinn (fee), Donavan Bears (fee).
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- UPEI will be here for an information session on Monday, November 7. The presentation will take place at 11:45am in the Library Conference Room.
- Applications for the TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are available in Student Services. The deadline is November 18, 2016. If you have any questions you should see Ms. Victor.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- SHAD is seeking high achieving students interested in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) who are seeking an enrichment experience. The online application due date is November 28, by 11:59pm. More details and information are available in Student Services.
- You’re invited to attend a Holland College Campus Tour Day on Saturday, November 5, 2016. All Campuses will be open from 10 am – 2pm. More information @ hollandcollege.com.
- Culinary Meal #4 Served on November 4: Himalayan food, featuring a lemony avocado salad, naan bread, savoury butter chicken on a bed of basmati rice, a crispy vegetarian samosa, sweet yogurt shrikhand with mango salad for desert, paired with a traditional drink, mint lassi. Meal will be available at 11:50 in Room #136. Reserve your plate at the ticket booth during lunch breaks – $8.
- SADD committee members, please see Mrs. Killeen by Friday to sign thank you cards and get schedules for upcoming SADD Week, if you haven’t already done so.
- Postcards for Peace is a learning activity in which youth send messages of thanks to those who served and those who continue to serve Canada in times of war, military conflict and peace. If students wish to send a postcard to a veteran, the Library will cover the cost of the postage. Postcards should contain an appropriate message and no personal information should be shared. Please get your postcard in the Library and return it by Friday, November 4. Teachers may be interested in having class complete a card if time allows. There is also Canada Remembers newspapers for high school students in the library. A few copies are still left. First come first served! See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Daylight Saving Time ends this weekend. Don’t forget to turn your clocks back on Sunday morning.
- Band students are reminded that next week’s band practice will be on Monday, November 7, instead of Tuesday.
- Students are reminded that next week is a short one for you! There are no classes on Tuesday, November 8 (PD in the Montague/Morell/Souris families of schools) and no classes on Friday, November 11 (Remembrance Day).
- Auditions for the musical, Disney’s Camp Rock! are Monday and Wednesday, November 21 and 23 from 3:30-6:00 in the cafeteria. Anyone who wishes to audition should sign up outside the music room and should prepare a memorized monologue and a song. A dance is optional for the audition.
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Wrestling practices run at MCS on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and Mondays from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Craft Group meets Monday and Tuesday at lunch hour and/or after school on Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:15 to 4:00pm in Room #133.
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to email@example.com or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.