It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Jessica Campbell for Lianne Garland, Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy
- Any students who are interested in being the emcee for our Remembrance Day services should contact Mr. Lea.
- SADD meets today from 11:50 to 12:25pm. Bring your lunch.
- Homeroom teachers: Please post overdue slips in your classroom and advise students if they have overdue library materials to return.
- There is a meeting today at 12:00 noon in Room 115 (Mr. Stewart’s room) for any Grade 10 students interested in playing rugby for the U 16 team that will be going to B.C. for a tournament.
- Dodgeball starts today! Squad Balls play The Heat! Next game is tomorrow (Wednesday) when Montague Flyers take on Moose Bone.
- Next Wrestling practice is tomorrow (Wednesday) from 3:30 to 5:30pm.
Athletes Fees/Forms Missing: Students listed below are asked to submit your fees and/or forms.
- Golf: T.J.MacLeod (fee)
- Cross Country: Marya MacPherson (fee), Micah MacDonald (fee), Colby Whilt (fee), Sarah Christensen (form & fee), Donavan Bears (fee), Tanner Crant (fee).
- Men’s Volleyball: Marshal Ryan (fee), Dawson Lund (fee), John Campbell (fee), Brady Vincent (fee).
- Women’s Soccer: Lily Levesque (fee).
- Women’s Volleyball: Madi Jay (fee).
- Men’s Soccer: Tanner Crant (fee), Braden Stewart (fee), Brandon Lund (fee), Zach Lund (fee), Matt Quinn (fee), Donavan Bears (fee).
- Wednesday, November 2: St. Thomas University will be offering On the Spot admissions. Students must have the $55.00 fee as well as a transcript. Any interested students should see Ms. Victor.
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- UPEI will be here for an information session on Monday, November 7. The presentation will take place at 11:45am in the Library Conference Room.
- Applications for the TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are available in Student Services. The deadline is November 18, 2016. If you have any questions you should see Ms. Victor.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- SHAD is seeking high achieving students interested in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) who are seeking an enrichment experience. The online application due date is November 28, by 11:59pm. More details and information are available in Student Services.
- Retake picture orders are due to homeroom teachers tomorrow (Wednesday) by the end of A-Block.
- Culinary Meal #4 Served on November 4: Himalayan food, featuring a lemony avocado salad, naan bread, savoury butter chicken on a bed of basmati rice, a crispy vegetarian samosa, sweet yogurt shrikhand with mango salad for desert, paired with a traditional drink, mint lassi. Meal will be available at 11:50 in Room #136. Reserve your plate at the ticket booth during lunch breaks – $8.
- Postcards for Peace is a learning activity in which youth send messages of thanks to those who served and those who continue to serve Canada in times of war, military conflict and peace. If students wish to send a postcard to a veteran, the Library will cover the cost of the postage. Postcards should contain an appropriate message and no personal information should be shared. Please get your postcard in the Library and return it by Friday, November 4. See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Reminder for the choir: There will be regular rehearsal today from 3:30 to 5:00 and Wednesday morning at 7:30 am AND there will be a tech rehearsal for the Remembrance Day Service at 3:20 on Wednesday. All members must attend all of these.
- Auditions for the musical, Disney’s Camp Rock! are Monday and Wednesday, November 21 and 23 from 3:30-6:00 in the cafeteria. Anyone who wishes to audition should sign up outside the music room and should prepare a memorized monologue and a song. A dance is optional for the audition.
- Students are reminded to visit the new November author of the month display, featuring Laurie Halse Anderson, show-casing some of her award winning books.
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Craft Group meets Monday and Tuesday at lunch hour and/or after school on Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:15 to 4:00pm in Room #133.
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.