It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Belated Birthday to Katie Mahar who celebrated her birthday over the long weekend!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Matt Kelly, Nicole Butler for Lianne Garland, Kenneth Nicole for Sandra Hicken, Colleen Norris for Kirk White (pm).
- Luke Myers and Ross Power should see Ms. Beck at morning break.
- There will be a very quick meeting for all peer tutors at 11:45 this morning in Learning Centre B.
- Spirit Week wraps up today with Hallowe’en Costume Day. Candy-Grams will be delivered today and the draw is taking place for the five candy bags. If you participated in the Spirit Week festivities, you have a chance to win!
- Visit the new November author of the month display, featuring Laurie Halse Anderson, show-casing some of her award winning books. Anderson is the author of Speak & Twisted, a popular book in our school library.
- No Wrestling today. Next practice is Wednesday, November 2, from 3:30 to 5:30pm.
- Dodgeball starts tomorrow! Squad Balls play The Heat on Tuesday, then the next game is Wednesday when Montague Flyers take on Moose Bone.
Athletes Fees/Forms Missing: Students listed below are asked to submit your fees and/or forms.
- Golf: T.J.MacLeod (fee)
- Cross Country: Marya MacPherson (fee), Micah MacDonald (fee), Colby Whilt (fee), Sarah Christensen (form & fee), Donavan Bears (fee), Tanner Crant (fee).
- Men’s Volleyball: Marshal Ryan (fee), Dawson Lund (fee), John Campbell (fee), Brady Vincent (fee).
- Women’s Soccer: Lily Levesque (fee).
- Women’s Volleyball: Madi Jay (fee).
- Men’s Soccer: Tanner Crant (fee), Jonathan Vincent (fee), Braden Stewart (fee), Brandon Lund (fee), Zach Lund (fee), Matt Quinn (fee), Donavan Bears (fee).
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- Applications for the TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are available in Student Services. The deadline is November 18, 2016. If you have any questions you should see Ms. Victor.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- SHAD is seeking high achieving students interested in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) who are seeking an enrichment experience. The online application due date is November 28, by 11:59pm. More details and information are available in Student Services.
- The next SADD meeting will be tomorrow (Tuesday) from 11:50 to 12:25pm. Bring your lunch.
- Retake picture orders are due to homeroom teachers Wednesday, November 2, by the end of A-Block.
- Culinary Meal #4 Served on November 4: Himalayan food, featuring a lemony avocado salad, naan bread, savoury butter chicken on a bed of basmati rice, a crispy vegetarian samosa, sweet yogurt shrikhand with mango salad for desert, paired with a traditional drink, mint lassi. Meal will be available at 11:50 in Room #136. Reserve your plate at the ticket booth during lunch breaks – $8.
- Postcards for Peace is a learning activity in which youth send messages of thanks to those who served and those who continue to serve Canada in times of war, military conflict and peace. If students wish to send a postcard to a veteran, the Library will cover the cost of the postage. Postcards should contain an appropriate message and no personal information should be shared. Please get your postcard in the Library and return it by Friday, November 4. See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Reminder for the choir: There will be regular rehearsal on Tuesday from 3:30-5:00 and Wednesday morning at 7:30 am AND there will be a tech rehearsal for the Remembrance Day Service at 3:20 on Wednesday. All members must attend all of these.
- Auditions for the musical, Disney’s Camp Rock! are Monday and Wednesday, November 21 and 23 from 3:30-6:00 in the cafeteria. Anyone who wishes to audition should sign up outside the music room and should prepare a memorized monologue and a song. A dance is optional for the audition.
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room.
- Craft Group meets Monday and Tuesday at lunch hour and/or after school on Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:15 to 4:00pm in Room #133.
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.