It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Nancy Cudmore for Doug Weeks, Marla McCarron for Lynn Hayes, Jessica Campbell for Sandra Hicken (pm), Nicole Butler for Lianne Garland, Emma Donovan for Earl Campbell
- Today is “Fry Day” at MRHS! Fries are $2. Huge thanks to Cavendish Farms for the donation of their fry wagon to kick-start our SADD group!
- Students are reminded that Craft Group meets today during lunch break and again after school.
Spirit Week Continues:
- Tuesday, October 25: Flannel Tuesday
- Tuesday, October 25: Haunted Hallways from 6:30 – 8:30 pm. Admission is $2 or a food donation.
- Wednesday, October 26: Workout Wednesday
- Monday, October 31: Halloween Costume Day (Please no masks but feel free to use face paint to add to your costume.)
- Those who participate in Spirit Week will receive a ballot for a chance to win one of five candy bags!
- Halloween Candy-Grams: Send your friend or secret admirer a chocolate bar for $1. They will be sold in the ticket booth Monday to Wednesday and delivered on Halloween Day.
- Today: Men’s Soccer team has a home game at 3:30pm against TOSH in their quarter final.
- Wednesday: Men’s Volleyball Team hosts Bluefield at 5:30pm.
- Wednesday: Women’s Volleyball Team Red plays Team Black at 4:30pm.
- Wednesday: Women’s Field Hockey Provincial Championships (Bronze at 3:00pm and Gold at 5:00pm) at Summerside Turf.
- Wednesday: Men’s AAA Soccer and Women’s A Soccer Semi-finals at Cornwall Turf. Times TBA.
- Saturday: Senior Soccer Championships at Cornwall Turf. Times TBA
Athletes Fees/Forms Missing: Students listed below are asked to submit your fees and/or forms ASAP!
- Golf: T.J.MacLeod (fee)
- Cross Country: Marya MacPherson (fee), Micah MacDonald (fee), Colby Whilt (fee), Sarah Christensen (form & fee), Donavan Bears (fee), Tanner Crant (fee).
- Men’s Volleyball: Marshal Ryan (fee), Dawson Lund (fee), John Campbell (fee), Brady Vincent (fee).
- Women’s Soccer: Lily Levesque (fee).
- Women’s Volleyball: Madi Jay (fee).
- Men’s Soccer: Tanner Crant (fee), Jonathan Vincent (fee), Braden Stewart (fee), Brandon Lund (fee), Zach Lund (fee), Milo Ryan (fee), Matt Quinn (fee), Donavan Bears (fee).
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- Applications for the TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are available in Student Services. The deadline is November 18, 2016. If you have any questions you should see Ms. Victor.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- SHAD is seeking high achieving students interested in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) who are seeking an enrichment experience. The online application due date is November 28, by 11:59pm. More details and information are available in Student Services.
- Craft Club – Do you like crafts or want to learn how to sew, knit, or crochet? There is now a craft club being offered at Montague High. It is very flexible as meeting times are not mandatory. They are offered on Monday and Tuesday at lunch hour and/or after school on Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:15 to 4:00 in Room #133. Please feel free to see Mrs. Hicken for further information.
- The next SADD meeting will be Tuesday, November 1, from 11:50 to 12:25pm. Bring your lunch!
- Culinary Meal #4 Served on November 4: Himalayan food, featuring a lemony avocado salad, naan bread, savoury butter chicken on a bed of basmati rice, a crispy vegetarian samosa, sweet yogurt shrikhand with mango salad for desert, paired with a traditional drink, mint lassi. Meal will be available at 11:50 in Room #136. Reserve your plate at the ticket booth during lunch breaks – $8.
- Postcards for Peace is a learning activity in which youth send messages of thanks to those who served and those who continue to serve Canada in times of war, military conflict and peace. If students wish to send a postcard to a veteran, the Library will cover the cost of the postage. Postcards should contain an appropriate message and no personal information should be shared. Please get your postcard in the Library and return it by Friday, November 4. See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- SAVE group meets every Wednesday at 11:50am in the Library Conference Room. Students can bring lunches.
- Craft Group meets Monday and Tuesday at lunch hour and/or after school on Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:15 to 4:00pm in Room #133.
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.