It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Jenna Smith.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Dean Lackie for Carl Evans, Marla McCarron for Lynn Hayes, Adam Clow for Jonathan Hayes, David MacKay for Devin Gehl, Mark Gregory for Jennifer Murphy, Andrew Murchison for Alana Trainor
- School photo orders and money are due today to homeroom teachers. Teachers: please deliver envelope to Library by the end of A-Block.
- Very important SADD meeting today from 11:45am to 12:25pm in the Library Conference room. Bring your lunch! Attendance is mandatory.
- There will be a Cross-Country meeting in Room 141 today at 12:00pm in preparation for provincials on Thursday.
- There will be a STRIVE Meeting today at 12:00pm in the Library Conference room. It will be short but important for any student planning on joining.
- The vocal music department is looking for a violinist and a male singer to perform in the Remembrance Day service this year. If you are interested, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B right away.
- There will be Choir rehearsal today after school but there will not be rehearsal Wednesday morning.
School Library Week:
- Did You Know? The Guinness Book of World Records holds the record for being the book most stolen from public libraries.
- School Library Week continues. Fill out a ballot for a chance to win a free book or a gift card to Indigo. Ballots will be available all week outside the Library book drop. Draws take place daily.
- Students, use your student ID to sign out a library book and get a ballot to win free books from Scholastic Teen Readers. Draw will take place on Friday!
- All this week, please feel free to add your favourite author or book title to the “Wanted” poster on the Library door for all to see!
- Did you guess the number of books for the contest today?
- Wednesday, there will be a home room class book trivia, with sheets handed out right after reading period. The winning home room will get treats on Thursday.
- More fun activities planned for Friday, October 21, to wrap up the week.
- Check out the display of new books in the Library if you haven’t done so already.
- Visit the new author of the month display, featuring Walter Dean Myers, show-casing some of his award winning books.
- Killeen is taking book suggestions for her next order. Please stop by the Library and give her your ideas.
Next Week is Spirit Week:
- Monday, October 24: Monochromatic Monday (wear all the same color)
- Tuesday, October 25: Flannel Tuesday
- Tuesday, October 25: Haunted Hallways from 7:00 – 9:00 pm. Admission is $2 or a food donation.
- Wednesday, October 26: Workout Wednesday
- Monday, October 31: Halloween Costume Day (Please no masks but feel free to use face paint to add to your costume.)
- Those who participate in Spirit Week will receive a ballot for a chance to win one of five candy bags!
- Halloween Candy-Grams: Send your friend or secret admirer a chocolate bar for $1. They will be sold in the ticket booth Monday to Wednesday and delivered on Halloween Day.
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- October 20: St. Mary’s University will be here at lunch time for an information session for Grade 12’s.
- October 21: Crandall University will be here from 11:45am to 12:30pm. Be sure to stop by to see what they have to offer.
- October 24: The University of New Brunswick will be hosting a “Future Student Night” at 7:00pm at the Delta Prince Edward, Charlottetown and on Tuesday, October 25, at 7:00pm at Lakeview Loyalist, Summerside. Please arrive at 6:30pm for admission on the spot. RSVP onlone at unb.ca/recruitment
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- SHAD is seeking high achieving students interested in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) with incredible intellect, drive, initiative and creativity, who are seeking an enrichment experience. The online application due date is November 28, by 11:59pm (in whatever time-zone you are in). The admission process is competitive. The application takes into consideration both academic results and extra-curricular participation. Please review the application requirements before starting the online application. Preparing some information beforehand is recommended (e.g. essays, identifying a reference, etc.). Review a PDF version of the application and the FAQs to learn about the different sections. Check it out online!
- October 19: Men’s and Women’s Soccer at TOSH at 4:30 pm. Bus leaves at 1:45pm.
- October 19: Men’s Volleyball host Colonel Gray at 5:00pm.
- October 19: Women’s Volleyball Team Red hosts Evangeline at 4:30 pm, then Team Black at 6 pm.
- October 19: Field Hockey playoffs start. More information to follow.
- October 20: Cross Country Provincials at Charlottetown Rural. Bus leaves at 11:00am.
- October 21: Women’s Volleyball Team Black plays at Francois Buote at 4:30 pm. Bus leaves at 3:45pm.
- October 21: Men’s and Women’s Volleyball play at Westisle in the Westisle Wolverine Classic. Schedule to follow. Students will be leaving early that day.
- Anyone who has action shots of our Viking Sport Teams, please make sure to email them to our yearbook team! (email@example.com)
Athletic Fees/Forms Missing: Students listed below are asked to submit your fees and/or forms ASAP!
- Golf: Maria Ferguson (form & fee), J.MacLeod (fee)
- Cross Country: Marya MacPherson (fee), Micah MacDonald (fee), Colby Whilt (fee), Sarah Christensen (form & fee), Donavan Bears (fee), Tanner Crant (fee).
- Men’s Volleyball: Marshal Ryan (fee), Dawson Lund (fee), John Campbell (fee), Brady Vincent (fee).
- Women’s Soccer: Lily Levesque (fee).
- Women’s Volleyball: Madi Jay (form & fee).
- Men’s Soccer: Tanner Crant (fee), Jonathan Vincent (fee), Braden Stewart (fee), Brandon Lund (fee), Zach Lund (fee), Nolan McKenna (fee), Milo Ryan (fee), Matt Quinn (fee), Donavan Bears (fee).
- There will be block meetings for Peer Helpers on Wednesday, October 19.
- Any individual or class interested in participating in the Remembrance Day services this year are asked to please contact Faith Best, Karley Condon or Faith MacLeod.
- Readers’ Circle will meet on Monday, October 24, at 12:05pm.
- Grad Clothing for the class of 2017 will be sold until Friday, October 21. Students can try on samples to determine appropriate sizes; visit Room 141 and see Mr. MacDonald.
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.