It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Stephanie Bailey. We extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Lachlainn de Montbrun, Luke Dorsey, Isaac MacNeill, Derek Snook.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Branden Kelly for Kirk White (pm), Mark Gregory for Jennifer Murphy.
Congratulations to the Men’s Soccer Team on their championship win at the Colonel Gray Wall of Fame Cup. The Men’s team defeated King’s Edgehill 1-0 in the final.
- Picture retakes are being done in the Conference Room of the Library this morning. Homerooms will be called down during A and B Blocks. Please bring your original order package if possible.
- School photo orders are due to homeroom teachers tomorrow.
- The vocal music department is looking for a violinist and a male singer to perform in the Remembrance Day service this year. If you are interested, see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B right away.
- There will be Choir rehearsal at MRHS Tuesday afterschool but there will not be rehearsal Wednesday morning.
- Smoothies will be available in the Breakfast Club tomorrow (Tuesday).
School Library Week:
- Did You Know? There are more public libraries than McDonald’s in the USA.
- School Library Week is this week. Fill out a ballot for a chance to win a free book or a gift card to Indigo. Ballots will be available all week outside the Library book drop. Draws take place daily.
- All this week, please feel free to add your favourite author or book title to the “Wanted” poster on the Library door for all to see!
- Tuesday, there will be a guess the number of books contest.
- Wednesday, there will be a home room class book trivia, with sheets handed out right after reading period. The winning home room will get treats on Thursday.
- More fun activities planned for Friday, October 21, to wrap up the week.
- Check out the display of new books in the Library if you haven’t done so already.
- Visit the new author of the month display, featuring Walter Dean Myers, show-casing some of his award winning books.
- Killeen is taking book suggestions for her next order. Please stop by the Library and give her your ideas.
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- October 20: St. Mary’s University will be here at lunch time for an information session for Grade 12’s.
- October 21: Crandall University will be here from 11:45am to 12:30pm. Be sure to stop by to see what they have to offer.
- October 24: The University of New Brunswick will be hosting a “Future Student Night” at 7:00pm at the Delta Prince Edward, Charlottetown and on Tuesday, October 25, at 7:00pm at Lakeview Loyalist, Summerside. Please arrive at 6:30pm for admission on the spot. RSVP onlone at unb.ca/recruitment
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- Anyone who has action shots of our Viking Sport Teams, please make sure to email them to our yearbook team! (email@example.com)
- The field hockey team will be leaving at 2:00pm for their game today. Players should change during afternoon break and go directly to the bus when called out of class.
- No Wrestling practice today.
- Today: Women interested in playing basketball should meet in the Fitness Centre today after school.
Athletic Fees/Forms Missing: Students listed below are asked to submit your fees and/or forms ASAP!
- Golf: Maria Ferguson (form & fee), J.MacLeod (fee)
- Cross Country: Marya MacPherson (fee), Micah MacDonald (fee), Colby Whilt (fee), Sarah Christensen (form & fee), Donavan Bears (fee), Tanner Crant (fee).
- Men’s Volleyball: Marshal Ryan (fee), Dawson Lund (fee), John Campbell (fee), Brady Vincent (fee).
- Women’s Soccer: Lily Levesque (fee).
- Women’s Volleyball: Madi Jay (form & fee).
- Men’s Soccer: Tanner Crant (fee), Jonathan Vincent (fee), Braden Stewart (fee), Brandon Lund (fee), Zach Lund (fee), Nolan McKenna (fee), Milo Ryan (fee), Matt Quinn (fee), Donavan Bears (fee).
- There will be a STRIVE Meeting on Tuesday, October 18, at 12:00pm in the Library Conference room. It will be short but important for any student planning on joining to be there.
- Any individual or class interested in participating in the Remembrance Day services this year are asked to please contact Faith Best, Karley Condon or Faith MacLeod.
- Grad Clothing for the class of 2017 will be sold until Friday, October 21. Students can try on samples to determine appropriate sizes; visit Room 141 and see Mr. MacDonald.
- Very important SADD meeting on Tuesday, October 18, from 11:45am to 12:25pm in the Library Conference room. Bring your lunch! Attendance is mandatory.
- Readers’ Circle will meet on Monday, October 24, at 12:05pm.
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.