It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Kelly Clements.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Andrew Murchison for Ronnie Munn (am) and Kirk White (pm), Mark Gregory for Jennifer Murphy, Nancy Cudmore for Angela Killeen
- Peer Helpers: Please see Ms. Beaton for your interim reports.
- BioGenious Challenge: Meeting at 12:00 noon in Room 129 today with Mr. Keith Tomkins to explain the competition.
- Fly Tyers meet today at 11:45am in Room 131.
- Debate Club meets today at 12:00 noon in Room 211.
- Culinary meal #2 is being served today from Room 136. The Mexican Fiesta is available; cost is $8.
- Envirothon meeting after school today in Room 129 with Mr. Peter Sheppard.
- Staff and students are reminded picture retakes are being done in the Conference Room of the Library on Monday morning. Homerooms will be called down during A and B Blocks. Please bring your original order package if possible.
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- October 20: St. Mary’s University will be here at lunch time for an information session for Grade 12’s.
- October 21: Crandall University will be here from 11:45am to 12:30pm. Be sure to stop by to see what they have to offer.
- October 24: The University of New Brunswick will be hosting a “Future Student Night” at 7:00pm at the Delta Prince Edward, Charlottetown and on Tuesday, October 25, at 7:00pm at Lakeview Loyalist, Summerside. Please arrive at 6:30pm for admission on the spot. RSVP onlone at unb.ca/recruitment
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- Today: Men’s Soccer Wall of Fame Cup
- Today: Field Hockey Team is home to Bluefield at 5:15pm.
- October 15: Men’s Soccer Wall of Fame Cup
- October 17: Women interested in playing basketball should meet in the Fitness Centre on Monday after school.
- Men’s Volleyball: Hunter Wight’s dedication to the team is impressive. He gets the job done at crucial points of the game when the team needs him.
- Powerlifting: Shayla Downe is a hard worker and is always dedicated to getting better.
- Women’s Soccer: Katelyn Visser played an unfamiliar position and was able to excel in that role!
- Women’s Volleyball Team Black: Morgan Jardine has made the transition to high school volleyball with great ease. She is a strong leader on our team and makes many contributions on and off the court.
- Women’s Volleyball Team Red: Sarah MacRae stepped up and led the team with her setting and aggressive net-play. Her serves proved to be trouble for Francois Buote.
- Men’s Soccer: Brandon Lund has led his team to an undefeated season with outstanding play!
- Field Hockey: Sami-Dee Chiasson works hard the whole time she’s on the field as a full back. She’s an excellent player to get back if need be.
- Cross Country: Owen MacNeill finished first in Juvenile Men’s at the Cross Country meet this past week.
- Golf: Cam White was the overall first place finisher in the recent Men’s AAA Golf Championship.
- School Library Week is next week. Stay tuned to the announcements for tid-bits of information and opportunities to win some great prizes!
- Any individual or class interested in participating in the Remembrance Day services this year are asked to please contact Faith Best, Karley Condon or Faith MacLeod.
- Grad Clothing for the class of 2017 will be sold until Friday, October 21. Students can try on samples to determine appropriate sizes; visit Room 141 and see Mr. MacDonald.
- School photo orders are due to homeroom teachers on Tuesday, October 18.
- Very important SADD meeting on Tuesday, October 18, from 11:45am to 12:25pm in the Library Conference room. Bring your lunch! Attendance is mandatory.
- Readers’ Circle will meet on Monday, October 24, at 12:05pm.
- The Fitness Center is closed on Wednesday after school to all students except Power Lifters.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to email@example.com or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.