It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Lori Ann Campbell for Carla Richards, Adam Clow for Kristina McLane, Mark Gregory for Matt Kelly
- SAVE meeting in Library Conference Room at 11:50. All welcome. Bring your lunch.
- Slam Poetry meets today at 12:00 noon in the Library (yes… even though it is closed to the general student population).
- The Library will be closed during lunch break today. Sorry for any inconvenience. Plan accordingly.
- Post-secondary institutions will be represented in the Cafeteria today from 1:15 to 3:00pm. Grade 12 students should go to their C Block classes for attendance and wait for the announcement before moving to the cafeteria. Classes are grouped into three different time slots and students are asked to adhere to the time frames assigned. Students are expected to return to classes once finished in the Cafeteria.
- Grad Clothing for the class of 2017 will be sold until Friday, October 21. Students can try on samples to determine appropriate sizes; visit Room 141 and see Mr. MacDonald.
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- October 20: St. Mary’s University will be here at lunch time for an information session for Grade 12’s.
- October 21: Crandall University will be here from 11:45am to 12:30pm. Be sure to stop by to see what they have to offer.
- October 24: The University of New Brunswick will be hosting a “Future Student Night” at 7:00pm at the Delta Prince Edward, Charlottetown and on Tuesday, October 25, at 7:00pm at Lakeview Loyalist, Summerside. Please arrive at 6:30pm for admission on the spot. RSVP onlone at unb.ca/recruitment
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- Power Lifters meet today from 3:15 to 5:00pm.
- Women’s Basketball Shoot Around: Monday, October 17, from 5:00 to 6:30pm.
- Today: Women’s Volleyball (Team Red) plays at Montague against TOSH (Team Gold) at 4:30pm and against TOSH (Team Green) at 6:00pm.
- Today: Women’s Volleyball (Team Black) home at Montague against TOSH (Team Green) at 4:30pm and against TOSH (Team Gold) at 6:00pm.
- Today: Field Hockey Team has a home game against TOSH at 5:30pm.
- October 13: Men’s Soccer Wall of Fame Cup
- October 13: Women’s Soccer Team plays at Charlottetown Rural at 5:00pm.
- October 13: Women’s Volleyball (Team Black) plays at Charlottetown Rural at 5:30pm.
- October 14: Men’s Soccer Wall of Fame Cup
- October 14: Field Hockey Team is home to Bluefield at 5:15pm.
- October 15: Men’s Soccer Wall of Fame Cup
- Men’s Volleyball: Hunter Wight’s dedication to the team is impressive. He gets the job done at crucial points of the game when the team needs him.
- Powerlifting: Shayla Downe is a hard worker and is always dedicated to getting better.
- Women’s Soccer: Katelyn Visser played an unfamiliar position and was able to excel in that role!
- Women’s Volleyball Team Black: Morgan Jardine has made the transition to high school volleyball with great ease. She is a strong leader on our team and makes many contributions on and off the court.
- Women’s Volleyball Team Red: Sarah MacRae stepped up and led the team with her setting and aggressive net-play. Her serves proved to be trouble for Francois Buote.
- Men’s Soccer: Brandon Lund has led his team to an undefeated season with outstanding play!
- Field Hockey: Sami-Dee Chiasson works hard the whole time she’s on the field as a full back. She’s an excellent player to get back if need be.
- Cross Country: Owen MacNeill finished first in Juvenile Men’s at the Cross Country meet this past week.
- Golf: Cam White was the overall first place finisher in the recent Men’s AAA Golf Championship.
- There will be a meeting for both the Staff and Student Corporate Relay Teams this Thursday at 12:00 in Room 141. It is really important that all team members attend to get information for the race which is this Sunday!
- Social Justice and Diversity meets Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 211.
- Debate Club meets Friday at 12:00 noon in Room 211.
- Culinary meal #2 is being served this Friday, October 14. Mexican Fiesta includes Mexican Chopped Salad with homemade Honey-Lime Dressing, Bolillos (Mexican Dinner Rolls), locally raised Cilantro Lime Chicken served with a side of Jasmine Rice and Stir -Fried Peppers. The dessert is a rich Orange and Almond Flan, served with a Non-Alcoholic Raspberry-Mango Sangria.
- For those who missed Picture Day, please note that retakes are Monday, October 17 (morning only).
- School photo orders are due to homeroom teachers on Tuesday, October 18.
- SADD meeting on Tuesday, October 18, from 11:50am to 12:25pm in the Library Conference room.
- Readers’ Circle will meet on Tuesday, October 25, at 12:05pm.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to email@example.com or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.