It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Brianna MacDonald!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Chelsey MacDonald for Angela Killeen, Dean Lackie for Sharon Anderson.
- We are operating on a one hour delay today. No reading period, A-Block starts at 9:45am, Break at 10:40am, B-Block starts at 10:50am, Lunch at 11:43am, and afternoon classes run as usual.
- There is no Readers’ Circle meeting today. The next meeting will be Tuesday, October 25, at 12:05pm.
- Grad Clothing for the class of 2017 will be sold until Friday, October 21. Students can try on samples to determine appropriate sizes; visit Room 141 and see Mr. MacDonald.
- Attention teachers: The white book cart is missing from the book room. Can you return it to Library ASAP please?
Field Hockey Make-Up Game: Colonel Gray plays at Montague today at 4:30 pm.
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- Tomorrow is the deadline to apply! The Legislative Assembly is once again looking for students to participate in this year’s Legislative Assembly Page Program. Students must be in either Grade 11 or 12, interested in Legislative Assembly and must be able to have transportation to and from Charlottetown. It is a wonderful opportunity for students who have a keen interest in politics. Application forms are available in Student Services and must be returned by October 12, 2016.
- October 20: St. Mary’s University will be here at lunch time for an information session for Grade 12’s.
- October 21: Crandall University will be here from 11:45am to 12:30pm. Be sure to stop by to see what they have to offer.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
Awesome Athletics: All athletes recognized this week should see Ms. Trainor for your coupons!
- Men’s Volleyball: Hunter Wight’s dedication to the team is impressive. He gets the job done at crucial points of the game when the team needs him.
- Powerlifting: Shayla Downe is a hard worker and is always dedicated to getting better.
- Women’s Soccer: Katelyn Visser played an unfamiliar position and was able to excel in that role!
- Women’s Volleyball Team Black: Morgan Jardine has made the transition to high school volleyball with great ease. She is a strong leader on our team and makes many contributions on and off the court.
- Women’s Volleyball Team Red: Sarah MacRae stepped up and led the team with her setting and aggressive net-play. Her serves proved to be trouble for Francois Buote.
- Men’s Soccer: Brandon Lund has led his team to an undefeated season with outstanding play!
- Field Hockey: Sami-Dee Chiasson works hard the whole time she’s on the field as a full back. She’s an excellent player to get back if need be.
- Cross Country: Owen MacNeill finished first in Juvenile Men’s at the Cross Country meet this past week.
- Golf: Cam White was the overall first place finisher in the recent Men’s AAA Golf Championship.
- The Library will be closed during lunch break tomorrow. Sorry for any inconvenience. Plan accordingly.
- Culinary meal #2 is being served this Friday, October 14. Mexican Fiesta includes Mexican Chopped Salad with homemade Honey-Lime Dressing, Bolillos (Mexican Dinner Rolls), locally raised Cilantro Lime Chicken served with a side of Jasmine Rice and Stir -Fried Peppers. The dessert is a rich Orange and Almond Flan, served with a Non-Alcoholic Raspberry-Mango Sangria.
- For those who missed Picture Day, please note that retakes are Monday, October 17 (morning only).
- School photo orders are due to homeroom teachers on Tuesday, October 18.
- SADD meeting on Tuesday, October 18, from 11:50am to 12:25pm in the Library Conference room.
- Readers’ Circle will meet on Tuesday, October 25, at 12:05pm.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.
Proportional Representation System Information Session:
Our Island is a great place to live and when we move to a Proportional Representation System it will be even better! Decisions on our healthcare, environment, education, infrastructure planning and other issues, will be made by elected representatives that reflect who Islanders voted for. The PEI Coalition for Proportional Representation invites the public to learn more at the upcoming information session on Tuesday, October 11, at 7:00 pm at Montague Regional High School Cafeteria, regarding the upcoming vote. Refreshments will be served from 6:30pm to 7:00pm. For further information, please contact Tena Creamer via email at email@example.com.