It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Andrew Murchison for Glenda McInnis , Kenneth Nicole for Charles Trainor, Adam Clow, Sara Visser for Christie Beck, Chelsey MacDonald for Philip MacDonald
- Matthew Lannigan and Kayla MacLeod are asked to see Mrs. Killeen in the Library please.
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- Applications are now open for the Loran Scholarship. Application packages are available in Student Services, but must be returned to Ms. Victor by October 11 at 3pm.
- The Legislative Assembly is once again looking for students to participate in this year’s Legislative Assembly Page Program. Students must be in either Grade 11 or 12, interested in Legislative Assembly and must be able to have transportation to and from Charlottetown. It is a wonderful opportunity for students who have a keen interest in politics. Application forms are available in Student Services and must be returned by October 12, 2016.
- October 20: St. Mary’s University will be here at lunch time for an information session for Grade 12’s.
- Crandall University will be here October 21 from 11:45-12:30pm. Be sure to stop by to see what they have to offer.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- Power Lifting practice again on Friday, after school from 3:15 to 5:00pm.
- Today: Field Hockey Team plays at TOSH at 5:30pm.
- Today is the last day for school golf, the students will be representing MRHS at the Provincials. The team will be leaving after A Block; wishing all members of the team the best of luck.
- Debate Club meets on Friday at 12:00 noon in Room 211.
- Tomorrow, the cafeteria will be offering Chinese Dinner- Including Asian chicken with fried rice and an egg roll for $5.25
- First Culinary meal is being served on Friday, October 7, at 11:50am, in Room 136: Greek Cuisine. Chickpea Hummus paired with Pita Chips, followed by the crunch of a crisp Greek Salad with homemade dressing. At the heart of the meal, there are spicy Kofta meatballs served on top of white rice. Finish the meal off with Galaktoboureko, a flaky golden pastry filled with custard, and the cool refreshment of Pineapple Magic Drink.
- The Library will be closed during lunch break on Tuesday, October 11, and Wednesday, October 12. Sorry for any inconvenience. Plan accordingly.
- Culinary meal #2 is Mexican Fiesta: Mexican Chopped Salad with homemade Honey-Lime Dressing, Bolillos (Mexican Dinner Rolls), locally raised Cilantro Lime Chicken served with a side of Jasmine Rice and Stir -Fried Peppers. The dessert is a rich Orange and Almond Flan, served with a Non-Alcoholic Raspberry-Mango Sangria. Friday, October 15th at 11:50am in Room 136.
- For those who missed Picture Day, please note that retakes are Monday, October 17 (morning only).
- School photo orders are due to homeroom teachers on Tuesday, October 18.
- SADD meeting on Tuesday, October 18, from 11:50am to 12:25pm in the Library Conference room.
- Please visit the library and check out the new display. Featured Author of the Month for October is Walter Dean Myers. His award winning books include Monster and The Autobiography of my Dead Brothe Other books available in the library include: Fallen Angels, Game & What They Found.
Please feel free to offer suggestions for future authors. Library week will be celebrated soon. Stay tuned to announcements for ways to win!
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to email@example.com or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payments can be made at the front office.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.