It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Dean Lackie for Matt Kelly, Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Branden Kelly for Kirk White (pm)
- School picture proofs and ID cards have been distributed in homeroom classes. Orders are due to homeroom teachers on Tuesday, October 18. There is also the option to order online. Retake day is Monday, October 17.
- Peer Helpers are having Block Meetings today in Room 139.
- This is Jays Day at MRHS. Try your hand at the Trivia contest; prizes to be won! Thanks, Ms. McLane!
- Slam Poetry meets today at 12:00 in Room 211.
- Readers’ Circle meets today in Seminar Room 106 at 11:45am. Bring your lunch if you’d like.
- SADD meets today in Library Conference Room 111 at 12:05pm. Bring your lunch if you’d like.
- Today’s Cafeteria Special: Shepherd’s Pie with a side salad and garlic toast for $5.25.
- Don’t forget that Heckberts will be here tomorrow to take grad photo orders.
- Triple P Parenting is putting on a seminar session at Montague Consolidated School this evening at 6:30pm. Childcare will be provided.
- Your class photo will be tomorrow (Wednesday) morning at 9:30. All students will travel to the picture location by bus and return to school before the end of A-Block.
- Heckberts will be here, in Room 229, between 11:45 and 12:30 tomorrow to take orders for grad photos. If you are ordering with a credit card, please call the studio at 902-566-5500 before Wednesday (in order to get the special offer).
- There are a number of Grade 12 students who owe the $12 sitting fee for Heckbert’s Studios. You are reminded that you cannot view your grad proofs until this fee is paid. The following students are asked to pay Ms. Kristina McLane: Anthony Cormier, Nate VanIderstine, Nolan McCarthy, Jake Rouzes, Rebecca Martens, Lachlainn de Montbrun, Austin Sorrie, John Ferguson, Braden Stewart, Matthew Lannigan, Isaac Kemp, Taylor McDonald.
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- Applications are now open for the Loran Scholarship. Application packages are available in Student Services, but must be returned to Ms. Victor by October 11 at 3pm.
- The Legislative Assembly is once again looking for students to participate in this year’s Legislative Assembly Page Program. Students must be in either Grade 11 or 12, interested in Legislative Assembly and must be able to have transportation to and from Charlottetown. It is a wonderful opportunity for students who have a keen interest in politics. Application forms are available in Student Services and must be returned by October 12, 2016.
- October 20: St. Mary’s University will be here at lunch time for an information session for Grade 12’s.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- Women’s Soccer practice today at 3:30pm and again tomorrow (Wednesday) at 3:30pm.
- Today: Zone 4 Cross Country Qualifier. Bus is leaving at 11:00am.
- Wednesday: Men’s Volleyball Team home against Francois Buote at 4:30pm.
- Wednesday: Women’s Volleyball Team Red home against Francois Buote at 4:30pm.
- Thursday: Field Hockey Team plays at TOSH at 5:30pm.
- Fly Tyers are meeting on Wednesday at 11:45 in Mr. Trainor’s room.
- Wednesday’s Cafeteria Special: Thanksgiving Dinner – Virginia baked ham, mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, small white milk and two small cookies, all for $6.25.
- Debate Club meets on Friday at 12:00 noon in Room 211.
- First Culinary meal is being served on Friday, October 7, at 11:50am, in Room 136: Greek Cuisine. Chickpea Hummus paired with Pita Chips, followed by the crunch of a crisp Greek Salad with homemade dressing. At the heart of the meal, there are spicy Kofta meatballs served on top of white rice. Finish the meal off with Galaktoboureko, a flaky golden pastry filled with custard, and the cool refreshment of Pineapple Magic Drink.
- Culinary meal #2 is Mexican Fiesta: Mexican Chopped Salad with homemade Honey-Lime Dressing, Bolillos (Mexican Dinner Rolls), locally raised Cilantro Lime Chicken served with a side of Jasmine Rice and Stir -Fried Peppers. The dessert is a rich Orange and Almond Flan, served with a Non-Alcoholic Raspberry-Mango Sangria. Friday, October 15th at 11:50am in Room 136.
- Any students or staff who missed Picture Day, please note that retakes are Monday, October 17, in the morning.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to email@example.com or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Home room teachers are accepting payments.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.