It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Brittany Gordon, Perry Gotell, and Sophia MacConnell.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Chelsey MacDonald for Matt Killeen, Marla McCarron for Gail Greene, Jessica Campbell for Chantelle Beaton (pm), Adam Gauthier for Trisha Burrows, Adam Clow for Jennifer Victor, Kenneth Nicolle for Donna White (am) and Kirk White (pm)
- Fly Tyers will meet today at 11:45am in Room 131.
- JAM (Jesus at Montague) will be starting up today at 11:45 in Learning Centre B. Anyone who is interested in doing some Christian-based community service and activities is welcome to attend.
- Debate Club holds its first meeting today at 12:00 in Room 211.
- Any students who are interested in be part of the Rotary Youth Parliament should see Mr. Munn today. There is space for three MRHS students to take part in a mock parliamentary session.
- The Choir is selling G2 ($2.00), water ($1.00) and Halloween candy (4/$1.00) until items are gone. Please visit Room 133 (Mrs. Hicken’s room) at breaks and lunch to support the MRHS Choir.
- There are a number of Grade 12 students who owe the $12 sitting fee for Heckbert’s Studios. You are reminded that you cannot view your grad proofs until this fee is paid. The following students are asked to pay Ms. Kristina McLane: Anthony Cormier, Nate VanIderstine, Nolan McCarthy, Jake Rouzes, Rebecca Martens, Lachlainn de Montbrun, Austin Sorrie, John Ferguson, Braden Stewart, Matthew Lannigan, Isaac Kemp, Taylor McDonald
- Heckberts will be here, in Room 229, between 11:45 and 12:30 on Wednesday, October 5, to take orders for grad photos. If you are ordering with a credit card, please call the studio at 902-566-5500 before Wednesday (in order to get the special offer).
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- Montague Ringette Association is looking for volunteers for a tournament they are hosting in November. There is no experience required and various jobs such as game sheets, running the clock, working the door, etc. need to be filled. Games will be played between three different rinks. Students will receive Community Bursary hours. Any interested student should come see Ms. Victor.
- Applications are now open for the Loran Scholarship. The Loran scholarship is awarded to students who are dedicated to serving others, show promise of leadership and have integrity, courage, compassion, grit and a high level of personal autonomy. We can sponsor 3 students at MRHS so please stop into Student Services and get your application package. You MUST return completed forms to Ms. Victor by October 11 at 3pm.
- October 20: St. Mary’s University will be here at lunch time for an information session for Grade 12’s.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- Today, Women’s Soccer team plays at Morell at 4:30pm
- Today, Men’s Volleyball team plays at Charlottetown Rural at 5:00pm
- Today, Women’s Volleyball Team Red plays at Morell at 4:30pm and Women’s Volleyball Team Black plays at Morell at 6:00pm
- Women’s shoot around starts Monday, October 3, from 5:00 to 6:30pm for all women interested in playing basketball.
- Next Tuesday, October 4, will be Jays Day at MRHS. Stay tuned for more information later this week.
- Triple P Parenting is putting on a seminar session at Montague Consolidated School on October 4 at 6:30pm. Childcare will be provided.
- Readers’ Circle will meet Tuesday, October 4, in Seminar Room 106 at 11:45am. Bring your lunch if you’d like.
- SADD will meet on Tuesday, October 4, in Library Conference Room 111 at 12:05pm. Bring your lunch if you’d like.
- Any students or staff who missed Picture Day, please note that retakes are Monday, October 17, in the morning.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to email@example.com or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Home room teachers are accepting payments.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.
- Don’t forget; deadline is this Friday! The Workers Compensation Board is seeking students (two/school) for its OHS Leadership Program. Students who are selected for the program and who complete all program requirements will receive $500 at the end of the school year. If you’re in Gr. 11 or 12 and like to organize fun activities at school, check out the OHS Leadership Program at wcb.pe.ca/OHSLeader, or contact Clare firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Service Announcement:
- Just Being Kids Fall Fest Dance: This evening from 8:00 to 10:00 at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Center. Admission is $7 or if you bring along a canned food item, the cost is reduced to $5.