It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Chelsey MacDonald for Angela Killeen, Lisa Johnston for Kelly Matheson, Jessica Campbell for Chantelle Beaton (pm), Adam Gauthier for Trisha Burrows, Adam Clow for Jennifer Victor, Nancy Cudmore for Caleigh Oehlke
Montague Team Black Volleyball: The girls played an amazing game, winning 3-2. They lost the first set 26-24 and took that tough loss to pull out a victory!
- Info Tidbit: It’s “National Coffee Day”!
- Jazz Band: There will be a meeting at 11:45am in the music room for anyone interested in playing in the Jazz Band this year!
- Youth Parliament: Any students who are interested in be part of the Rotary Youth Parliament should see Mr. Munn before the end of the week. There is space for three MRHS students to take part in a mock parliamentary session.
- Social Justice and Diversity meets today in Room 211 at 12:00 noon.
- There are a number of Grade 12 students who owe the $12 sitting fee for Heckbert’s Studios. You are reminded that you cannot view your grad proofs until this fee is paid. The following students are asked to pay Ms. Kristina McLane: Lauren Smith, Anthony Cormier, Nate VanIderstine, Ben MacKenzie, Darcy MacPherson, Nolan McCarthy, Brandon Hanhams, Jake Rouzes, Rebecca Martens, Lachlainn de Montbrun, Austin Sorrie, John Ferguson, Braden Stewart, Keegan Creed, Matthew Lannigan, Isaac Kemp, Stephanie Bai ley, Taylor McDonald
- The Choir is selling G2 ($2.00), water ($1.00) and Halloween candy (4/$1.00) until items are gone. Please visit Room 133 (Mrs. Hicken’s room) at breaks and lunch to support the MRHS Choir.
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- Montague Ringette Association is looking for volunteers for a tournament they are hosting in November. There is no experience required and various jobs such as game sheets, running the clock, working the door, etc. need to be filled. Games will be played between three different rinks. Students will receive Community Bursary hours. Any interested student should come see Ms. Victor.
- Applications are now open for the Loran Scholarship. The Loran scholarship is awarded to students who are dedicated to serving others, show promise of leadership and have integrity, courage, compassion, grit and a high level of personal autonomy. We can sponsor 3 students at MRHS so please stop into Student Services and get your application package. You MUST return completed forms to Ms. Victor by October 11 at 3pm.
- October 20: St. Mary’s University will be here at lunch time for an information session for Grade 12’s.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- Women’s shoot around for all women interested in playing basketball on Oct. 6 from 5 to 7pm.
- Wrestling: First practice today from 4:00 to 6:00pm at Montague Consolidated School.
- Fall Rugby Sevens: All interested, male and female, athletes are welcome to come to the first practice tonight at 5:30 at MRHS. This is in preparation to host a fall rugby sevens tournament here at MRHS. Players will need to bring cleats and a mouth guard. Mouth guards will be on sale this week in the athletic office.
- 30: Women’s Soccer at Morell at 4:30pm
- 30: Men’s Volleyball at Charlottetown Rural at 5:00pm
- 30: Women’s Volleyball Team Red play at Morell at 4:30pm
- 30: Women’s Volleyball Team Black play at Morell at 6:00pm
- Fly Tyers will meet on Friday at 11:45am in Room 131.
- JAM (Jesus at Montague) will be starting up at MRHS this Friday at 11:45 in Learning Centre B. Anyone who is interested in doing some Christian-based community service and activities is welcome to attend.
- Debate Club holds its first meeting on Friday at 12:00 in Room 211.
- Next Tuesday, October 4, will be Jays Day at MRHS. Stay tuned for more information later this week.
- Triple P Parenting is putting on a seminar session at Montague Consolidated School on October 4 at 6:30pm. Childcare will be provided.
- Next Readers’ Circle will be Tuesday, October 4 in Seminar Room 106 at 11:45am. Bring your lunch if you’d like.
- Next SADD meeting will be Tuesday, October 4, in Library Conference Room 111 at 12:05pm. Bring your lunch if you’d like.
- Any students or staff who missed Picture Day, please note that retakes are Monday, October 17, in the morning.
- Any student interested in playing board or card games should go to Room 84 at lunch time.
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to email@example.com or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Home room teachers are accepting payments.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.
- Don’t forget; deadline is this Friday! The Workers Compensation Board is seeking students (two/school) for its OHS Leadership Program. Students who are selected for the program and who complete all program requirements will receive $500 at the end of the school year. If you’re in Gr. 11 or 12 and like to organize fun activities at school, check out the OHS Leadership Program at wcb.pe.ca/OHSLeader, or contact Clare firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Service Announcements:
- Just Being Kids Fall Fest Dance: Friday, September 30, from 8:00 to 10:00pm at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Center. Admission is $7 or if you bring along a canned food item, the cost is reduced to $5.
- PEI Taekwondo – Montague: Your children can build their confidence while having fun learning a martial art from qualified black belt instructors. Start the school year with our $85 Introductory special which includes the first month of instruction and a Taekwondo uniform. Beginner classes are on Monday and Wednesday nights from 8:15 to 9:15 (teens and adults). Please contact Darcy Rodd at email@example.com or 902-218-1781for further information or check http://montaguetkd.membertracker.io