It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Molly Loane. We extend belated birthday greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Lorelai Collings, Zachary O’Connor, Abby Barter, and Morgan Lewis.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Gauthier for Trisha Burrows, Anna Howlett for Sharon Anderson, Colleen Norris for Kelly Pike (am) and Kirk White (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy (pm).
- School Pictures will be taken this morning. Students will be called down by homeroom during A and B Blocks. Staff should visit cafeteria when possible before noon. No pictures will be taken during Reading period.
- Would Jonathan Vincent, Alex Pasons, and Samantha Martell please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B at first break this morning.
- Grad photos that were scheduled and missed last Wednesday will have the same times tomorrow, not today.
- The Choir will be selling chili and a biscuit, G2, water, Halloween treats, and baked goods in Room 133(Mrs. Hicken’s room) today at lunch. Prices are: $4 Chili and a biscuit, $2.50 G2, $1.25 water, and treats are assorted prices. See please come and support the choir!
- Don’t forget; deadline is this Friday! The Workers Compensation Board is seeking students (two/school) for its OHS Leadership Program. Students who are selected for the program and who complete all program requirements will receive $500 at the end of the school year. If you’re in Gr. 11 or 12 and like to organize fun activities at school, check out the OHS Leadership Program at wcb.pe.ca/OHSLeader, or contact Clare email@example.com
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- Montague Ringette Association is looking for volunteers for a tournament they are hosting in November. There is no experience required and various jobs such as game sheets, running the clock, working the door, etc. need to be filled. Games will be played between three different rinks. Students will receive Community Bursary hours. Any interested student should come see Ms. Victor.
- Applications are now open for the Loran Scholarship. The Loran scholarship is awarded to students who are dedicated to serving others, show promise of leadership and have integrity, courage, compassion, grit and a high level of personal autonomy. We can sponsor 3 students at MRHS so please stop into Student Services and get your application package. You MUST return completed forms to Ms. Victor by October 11 at 3pm.
- October 20: St. Mary’s University will be here at lunch time for an information session for Grade 12’s.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- Fall Rugby Sevens: There will be a meeting today at lunch in Mr. Munn’s room (210). Montague High will be hosting a Fall Rugby Sevens tournament Saturday, October 22. Those interested are asked to please come to a quick meeting at 12:00, to find out practice times. All are welcome, no experience necessary. If you cannot make the meeting, speak to Mr. Munn.
- The first MRHS/SEA Environment Club meeting will take place Tuesday at 12:00 in Room 131.
- SADD meeting will be tomorrow. We had a great turn out but always welcome students from all grades! See Mrs. Killeen if you’re interested!
- Slam Poetry meets on Tuesday in Room 211 at 12:00 noon.
- There will not be choir on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.
- There will be choir on Thursday morning at 7:30 am.
- Social Justice and Diversity meets on Thursday in Room 211 at 12:00 noon.
- There will still be the parent-student meeting about the Choir Trip on Tuesday at 5:00 pm.
- JAM (Jesus at Montague) will be starting up at MRHS this Friday at 11:45 in Learning Centre B. Anyone who is interested in doing some Christian-based community service and activities is welcome to attend.
- Debate Club holds its first meeting on Friday at 12:00 in Room 211.
- Readers’ Circle will be meeting again Tuesday, October 4. We welcome students from all grades! The group chooses the book(s). See Mrs. Killeen if you’re interested! It’s never too late!
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Home room teachers are accepting payments.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.
Public Service Announcement:
- Larry McGuire’s Driver Education students are reminded that your first classroom session is today, starting at 3:30pm.
- Just Being Kids Fall Fest Dance: Friday, September 30, from 8:00 to 10:00pm at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Center. Admission is $7 or if you bring along a canned food item, the cost is reduced to $5.