It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Calista Steele.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Marla McCarron for Lynn Hayes, Chesley MacDonald for Angela Killeen, Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins, Jessica MacFarlane for Kirk White (pm)
- Grad photos scheduled for today will go ahead as planned. Anyone who missed appointments yesterday will be have the same times on Monday.
- Today’s Cafeteria Special: Stuffed baked potato with side salad for $5.25.
- There is a short grad activity meeting AGAIN today at 12:00 noon in Room 119, to discuss the clothing order and grad picture locations. Please be there to give your input.
- Social Diversity and Justice Club will meet today at 12:00noon in Room 211.
- All grads must have their picture taken this week by Heckbert’s for the yearbook and composite.
- Don’t forget; deadline is next Friday! The Workers Compensation Board is seeking students (two/school) for its OHS Leadership Program. Students who are selected for the program and who complete all program requirements will receive $500 at the end of the school year. If you’re in Gr. 11 or 12 and like to organize fun activities at school, check out the OHS Leadership Program at wcb.pe.ca/OHSLeader, or contact Clare email@example.com
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- Montague Ringette Association is looking for volunteers for a tournament they are hosting in November. There is no experience required and various jobs such as game sheets, running the clock, working the door, etc. need to be filled. Games will be played between three different rinks. Students will receive Community Bursary hours. Any interested student should come see Ms. Victor.
- Applications are now open for the Loran Scholarship. The Loran scholarship is awarded to students who are dedicated to serving others, show promise of leadership and have integrity, courage, compassion, grit and a high level of personal autonomy. We can sponsor 3 students at MRHS so please stop into Student Services and get your application package. You MUST return completed forms to Ms. Victor by October 11 at 3pm.
- October 20: St. Mary’s University will be here at lunch time for an information session for Grade 12’s.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- Women’s Soccer meeting in Mr. Weeks’ room (224), right at the beginning of lunch.
- Today, our Field Hockey team is home to Charlottetown Rural at 5:15pm.
- There will be a Ping Pong Tournament outside the gym during the first week of October. Sign-up sheet is posted outside the gym office, and there are only ten spots available!
- Fall Fest of Sports is being held this Friday and Saturday. Stay tuned for schedule of games.
- The Holland College Hurricanes Dance Team would like you to “Save the Date” for their first ever Junior & Senior High School Dance Competition. In you have an interest in dance, remember Saturday, December 3, when there will be an open competition for school-based teams to preform and compete in front of their parents & peers. More information to follow; check with Ms. Trainor.
- Banned Books Week is an annual event, held this year from September 25 to October 1. Check out the library display case for posters the ten most challenged titles of 2015.
- School photos are being taken during the morning of Monday, September 26. Students must bring slips filled out with full name, homeroom teacher and grade. All staff are reminded that you must have your picture taken on that day as well.
- The next SADD meeting will be Tuesday, September 27. We had a great turn out but always welcome students from all grades! See Mrs. Killeen if you’re interested!
- JAM (Jesus at Montague) will be starting up at MRHS next Friday at 11:45 in Learning Centre B. Anyone who is interested in doing some Christian-based community service and activities is welcome to attend.
- Readers’ Circle will be meeting again Tuesday, October 4. We welcome students from all grades! The group chooses the book(s). See Mrs. Killeen if you’re interested! It’s never too late!
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- SPC cards can be purchased for $10 from a Student Council member or in Room 139. Get great discounts at over 120 businesses! There are only a limited supply so don’t wait and be disappointed.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Home room teachers are accepting payments.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.
Public Service Announcements:
- UPEI Panthers are playing the Moncton Blue Eagles at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Center on Saturday, September 24, at 7:00pm. Admission is $10; but if you purchase your ticket from the Montague Ringette Association, $5 of the price will go to Support Haley Kemp on her road to recovery. Text 902-368-0349 to order your tickets!!
- Just Being Kids Fall Fest Dance: Friday, September 30, from 8:00 to 10:00pm at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Center. Admission is $7 or if you bring along a canned food item, the cost is reduced to $5.