It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Marla McCarron for Lynn Hayes, Jessica Campbell for Matthew Killeen, Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy (pm).
- Hannah Annear and Abby Munro, please see Mrs. Killeen at break.
- There will be a brief meeting at 12pm in Room 141 for all those running cross-country this year.
- The first meeting of the MRHS/SEA Environment Club is today at 12:00pm in Room 131. Everyone is welcome.
- No Jazz Band today due to Mr. White’s absence.
- All grads must have their picture taken this week by Heckbert’s for the yearbook and composite.
This Week’s Cafeteria Specials:
- Wednesday: Chicken parmesan with side salad for $5.25.
- Thursday: Stuffed baked potato with side salad for $5.25.
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.
- Montague Ringette Association is looking for volunteers for a tournament they are hosting in November. There is no experience required and various jobs such as game sheets, running the clock, working the door, etc. need to be filled. Games will be played between three different rinks. Students will receive Community Bursary hours. Any interested student should come see Ms. Victor.
- Applications are now open for the Loran Scholarship. The Loran scholarship is awarded to students who are dedicated to serving others, show promise of leadership and have integrity, courage, compassion, grit and a high level of personal autonomy. We can sponsor 3 students at MRHS so please stop into Student Services and get your application package. You MUST return completed forms to Ms. Victor by October 11 at 3pm.
- October 20: St. Mary’s University will be here at lunch time for an information session for Grade 12’s.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- Women’s Soccer against Souris at 5:00pm (Bus leaves at 4:00pm.)
- Men’s Volleyball home against Tosh 5:30pm
- Women’s Volleyball Team Red at Souris at 5:00pm (Bus leaves at 4:00pm.)
- Women’s Volleyball Team Black at Souris at 6:30pm (Bus leaves at 4:00pm.)
- Field Hockey at Montague against Colonel Gray at 5:15pm
- September 22 – Field Hockey at Montague against Charlottetown Rural at 5:15pm.
- There will be a Ping Pong Tournament outside the gym during the first week of October. Sign-up sheet is posted outside the gym office, and there are only ten spots available!
- Fall Fest of Sports is being held this Friday and Saturday. Stay tuned for schedule of games.
- The Holland College Hurricanes Dance Team would like you to “Save the Date” for their first ever Junior & Senior High School Dance Competition. In you have an interest in dance, remember Saturday, December 3, when there will be an open competition for school-based teams to preform and compete in front of their parents & peers. More information to follow; check with Ms. Trainor.
- There is a short grad activity meeting AGAIN on Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 119, to discuss the clothing order and grad picture locations. Please be there to give your input.
- Social Diversity and Justice Club will meet on Thursday at 12:00noon in Room 211.
- Banned Books Week is an annual event, held this year from September 25 to October 1. Check out the library display case for posters the ten most challenged titles of 2015.
- School photos are being taken during the morning of Monday, September 26. Students must bring slips filled out with full name, homeroom teacher and grade. All staff are reminded that you must have your picture taken on that day as well.
- The next SADD meeting will be Tuesday, September 27. We had a great turn out but always welcome students from all grades! See Mrs. Killeen if you’re interested!
- JAM (Jesus at Montague) will be starting up at MRHS next Friday at 11:45 in Learning Centre B. Anyone who is interested in doing some Christian-based community service and activities is welcome to attend.
- Readers’ Circle will be meeting again Tuesday, October 4. We welcome students from all grades! The group chooses the book(s). See Mrs. Killeen if you’re interested! It’s never too late!
- Grad Activity Committee is collecting photos for the graduation ceremony slideshow. Send your candid photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to MRHS 2017 GRADS Facebook page.
- SPC cards can be purchased for $10 from a Student Council member or in Room 139. Get great discounts at over 120 businesses! There are only a limited supply so don’t wait and be disappointed.
- Choir runs Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00pm and every Wednesday at 7:30am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Home room teachers are accepting payments.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.
Public Service Announcement:
- UPEI Panthers are playing the Moncton Blue Eagles at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Center on Saturday, September 24, at 7:00pm. Admission is $10; but if you purchase your ticket from the Montague Ringette Association, $5 of the price will go to Support Haley Kemp on her road to recovery. Text 902-368-0349 to order your tickets!!
- Just Being Kids Fall Fest Dance: Friday, September 30, from 8:00 to 10:00pm at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Center. Admission is $7 or if you bring along a canned food item, the cost is reduced to $5.