It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Belated Birthday to Daniel MacDonald, Jagaer Clory, Rachael Martens and Melissa McGee who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend.
- Would the following people see Ms. Beck at first break, please: Ben MacKenzie, Brady Vincent, Kayla Lamb.
- The sign-up sheet for the Fall Festival of Sport canteen fundraiser for the choir is up on the music room door. First come: first served.
- MRHS Fly Tyers meet today at 12:00 in Room 131.
- Student Council applications are due back today.
- Heckbert’s Grad pictures are being taken this week. All grads must have their picture taken by Heckbert’s for the yearbook and composite.
- Parent Council meeting is scheduled for this evening at 6:00pm. New members are welcome!
- All students who are interested in earning some cash helping with volleyball scorekeeping, please attend a meeting at 12 noon today (Sept 19) in the Phys. Ed. office.
- Applications are now open for the Loran Scholarship. The Loran scholarship is awarded to students who are dedicated to serving others, show promise of leadership and have integrity, courage, compassion, grit and a high level of personal autonomy. We can sponsor 3 students at MRHS so please stop into Student Services and get your application package. You MUST return completed forms to Ms. Victor by October 11 at 3pm.
- October 20: St. Mary’s University will be here at lunch time for an information session for Grade 12’s.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- All concert band students should note that practices start tomorrow at 7:30am.
- The first meeting of the MRHS/SEA Environment Club will take place Wednesday at 12:00pm in Room 131. Everyone is welcome.
- Banned Books Week is an annual event, held this year from September 25 to October 1. Check out the library display case for posters the ten most challenged titles of 2015.
- School photos are being taken during the morning of Monday, September 26. Students must bring slips filled out with full name, homeroom teacher and grade. All staff are reminded that you must have your picture taken on that day as well.
- Reader’s Circle will begin tomorrow, meeting in Library Room 107 at 12 noon. All are welcome. See Mrs. Killeen for more details!
- The next SADD meeting will be Tuesday, September 27. We had a great turn out but always welcome students from all grades! See Mrs. Killeen if you’re interested!
- JAM (Jesus at Montague) will be starting up at MRHS next Friday at 11:45 in Learning Centre B. Anyone who is interested in doing some Christian-based community service and activities is welcome to attend.
- SPC cards can be purchased for $10 from a Student Council member or in Room 139. Get great discounts at over 120 businesses! There are only a limited supply so don’t wait and be disappointed.
- Choir runs Tuesday from 3:30 to 5:00 and every Wednesday morning at 7:30 am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Home room teachers are accepting payments.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.
Public Service Announcement:
- Just Being Kids Fall Fest Dance: Friday, September 30, from 8:00 to 10:00pm at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Center. Admission is $7 or if you bring along a canned food item, the cost is reduced to $5.