It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Chesley MacDonald for Angela Killeen, Dean Lackie for Ronnie Munn, Michael Brothers for Jonathan Hayes (pm), Sara Visser for Kelly Pike, Marla McCarron for Pauline Kelly.
- Women’s Soccer meeting in Mr. Weeks’ room (No.224) at 11:43am.
- CSLC 2016 participants will meet today at 12:10pm in Ms. Beaton’s room.
- Men’s soccer home-opener is today at 5:00pm against Charlottetown Rural. Come on out and cheer on the men to victory. Remember to bring your Viking Pride card!
- Men’s Volleyball and Soccer players need to get uniforms at lunchtime. Forms and fees need to be paid in order to receive your uniform.
- Athletic forms and fees will be collected in the Phys Ed office again today from 12:00 – 12:25pm. Forms and fees need to be passed in before being able to play/compete. Fees are as follows: Field hockey $35, Volleyball (M/W) $35, Soccer (M/W) $35, Cross Country $15, Power Lifting $15, Golf $5.
- Men’s Soccer Practice: Today from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- Applications are now open for the Loran Scholarship. The Loran scholarship is awarded to students who are dedicated to serving others, show promise of leadership and have integrity, courage, compassion, grit and a high level of personal autonomy. We can sponsor 3 students at MRHS so please stop into Student Services and get your application package. You MUST return completed forms to Ms. Victor by October 11 at 3pm.
- October 20: St. Mary’s University will be here at lunch time for an information session for Grade 12’s.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- Student Council applications are available in Room 139. Please have them completed and returned by Monday, September 19.
- Heckbert’s Grad pictures are being taken September 19 to 22. All grads must have their picture taken by Heckbert’s for the yearbook and composite, regardless of where they are having their pictures for purchase done.
- All concert band students should note that practices start on Tuesday, September 20, at 7:30am.
- The first meeting of the MRHS/SEA Environment Club will take place next Wednesday at 12:00pm in Room 131. Everyone is welcome.
- Banned Books Week is an annual event, held this year from September 25 to October 1. Check out the library display case for posters the ten most challenged titles of 2015.
- School photos are being taken during the morning of Monday, September 26. Students must bring slips filled out with full name, homeroom teacher and grade. All staff are reminded that you must have your picture taken on that day as well.
- Reader’s Circle will begin Tuesday, September 20, in Library Room 107 at 12 noon. All are welcome. See Mrs. Killeen for more details!
- The next SADD meeting will be Tuesday, September 27. We had a great turn out but always welcome students from all grades! See Mrs. Killeen if you’re interested!
- SPC cards can be purchased for $10 from a Student Council member or in Room 139. Get great discounts at over 120 businesses! There are only a limited supply so don’t wait and be disappointed.
- Choir runs Tuesday from 3:30 to 5:00 and every Wednesday morning at 7:30 am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Home room teachers are accepting payments.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.