It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Chloe Harris!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Jessica Campbell for Chantelle Beaton, Michael Brothers for Devin Gehl, Marla McCarron for Pauline Kelly
- Social Justice and Diversity Club will have its first meeting today at 12:00 in Room 211.
- SPC cards can be purchased for $10 from a Student Council member or in Room 139. Get great discounts at over 120 businesses! There are only a limited supply so don’t wait and be disappointed.
- Students in Mr. Trainor’s Oceanography 621 class must have your field trip permission forms in.
- Abby Hameline, Abby Munro, Hannah Annear and Janelle Quinn please see Mrs. Killeen at break.
- Banned Books Week is an annual event celebrating the freedom to read. Typically held during the last week of September, it highlights the value of free and open access to information. Banned Books Week brings together the entire book community; librarians, booksellers, publishers, journalists, teachers, and readers of all types, in shared support of the freedom to seek and to express ideas, even those some consider unorthodox or unpopular. This year’s Banned Books Week runs from September 25 to October 1. Check out the library display case for posters the ten most challenged titles of 2015.
- Men’s soccer home-opener this Friday, Sept 16 @ 5 pm against Charlottetown Rural. Come on out and cheer on the men to victory. Remember to bring your Viking Pride card!
- Any students who are interested in earning extra money and would be interested in scorekeeping volleyball, please come to a meeting today at 11:43am in the Phys. Ed. area.
- Athletic forms and fees will be collected in the Phys Ed office again today and tomorrow from 12:00 – 12:25pm. Forms and fees need to be passed in before being able to play/compete. Fees are as follows: Field hockey $35, Volleyball (M/W) $35, Soccer (M/W) $35, Cross Country $15, Power Lifting $15, Golf $5.
- Men’s Soccer Practice: Today and Friday from 3:30 to 5:00pm each day.
- Applications are now open for the Loran Scholarship. The Loran scholarship is awarded to students who are dedicated to serving others, show promise of leadership and have integrity, courage, compassion, grit and a high level of personal autonomy. We can sponsor 3 students at MRHS so please stop into Student Services and get your application package. You MUST return completed forms to Ms. Victor by October 11 at 3pm.
- October 20: St. Mary’s University will be here at lunch time for an information session for Grade 12’s.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- CSLC 2016 participants will meet on Friday, September 16, at 12:10 in Ms. Beaton’s room.
- Here Comes Treble, our women’s ensemble, begins rehearsals on Friday, September 16, at 7:30 am in the music room. Girls, come and sing with us!
- Student Council applications are available in Room 139. Please have them completed and returned by Monday, September 19.
- Heckbert’s Grad pictures are being taken September 19 to 22. All grads must have their picture taken by Heckbert’s for the yearbook and composite, regardless of where they are having their pictures for purchase done.
- All concert band students should note that practices start on Tuesday, September 20, at 7:30am.
- School photos are being taken during the morning of Monday, September 26. Students must bring slips filled out with full name, homeroom teacher and grade. All staff are reminded that you must have your picture taken on that day as well.
- Reader’s Circle will begin Tuesday, September 20, in Library Room 107 at 12 noon. All are welcome. See Mrs. Killeen for more details!
- The next SADD meeting will be Tuesday, September 27. We had a great turn out but always welcome students from all grades! See Mrs. Killeen if you’re interested!
- Choir runs Tuesday from 3:30 to 5:00 and every Wednesday morning at 7:30 am.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Home room teachers are accepting payments.
- All Grade 12 students are asked to pay $40 to help defray costs of this year’s planned grad activities.