It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Raven Scanlon and Mr. Charlie Trainor.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Marla McCarron for Yvonne Higgins (pm), Adam Clow for Jennifer Murphy.
- Today, Grade 12 students are beginning their Grade 12 year with a celebratory grad barbeque. Students will be expected to attend A Block classes, before heading off to Brudenell. Note: It is important to realize that all students MUST travel to Brudenell by bus only.
- SPC cards can be purchased for $10 from a Student Council member or in Room 139. Get great discounts at over 120 businesses! There are only a limited supply so don’t wait and be disappointed.
- Students in Mr. Trainor’s Oceanography 621 class are reminded to return their field trip permission forms by Thursday.
- Abby Hameline, Abby Munro, Hannah Annear and Janelle Quinn please see Mrs. Killeen at break.
- Any students who are interested in earning extra money and would be interested in scorekeeping volleyball, please come to a meeting on Thursday at 11:43am in the Phys. Ed. area.
- Athletic forms and fees will be collected in the Phys Ed office today, Thursday, and Friday this week from 12:00 – 12:25pm. Forms and fees need to be passed in before being able to play/compete. Fees are as follows: Field hockey $35, Volleyball (M/W) $35, Soccer (M/W) $35, Cross Country $15, Power Lifting $15, Golf $5.
- Men’s Soccer: today, Thursday and Friday from 3:30 to 5:00pm each day.
- Power lifters’ first meeting is today from 3:15 to 5:00pm. Both male and female students are invited to sign up and attend.
- Applications are now open for the Loran Scholarship. The Loran scholarship is awarded to students who are dedicated to serving others, show promise of leadership and have integrity, courage, compassion, grit and a high level of personal autonomy. We can sponsor 3 students at MRHS so please stop into Student Services and get your application package. You MUST return completed forms to Ms. Victor by October 11 at 3pm.
- October 20: St. Mary’s University will be here at lunch time for an information session for Grade 12’s.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- Social Justice and Diversity Club will have its first meeting this Thursday at 12:00 in Room 211.
- CSLC 2016 participants will meet on Friday, September 16, at 12:10 in Ms. Beaton’s room.
- Here Comes Treble, our women’s ensemble, begins rehearsals on Friday, September 16, at 7:30 am in the music room. Girls, come and sing with us!
- Student Council applications are available in Room 139. Please have them completed and returned by Monday, September 19.
- Heckbert’s Grad pictures are being taken September 19 to 22. All grads must have their picture taken by Heckbert’s for the yearbook and composite, regardless of where they are having their pictures for purchase done.
- All concert band students should note that practices start on Tuesday, September 20, at 7:30am.
- School photos are being taken during the morning of Monday, September 26. All staff are reminded that you must have your picture taken on that day as well.
- The next SADD meeting will be Tuesday, September 27. We had a great turn out but always welcome students from all grades! See Mrs. Killeen if you’re interested!
- Any students who have remote control vehicles are asked to see Earl in Student Services, for a possible lunch time club.
- Choir runs Tuesday from 3:30 to 5:00 and every Wednesday morning at 7:30 am.
- Interested in being a library monitor after school or at lunch? Stop by the Library, grab an application and chat with Mrs. Killeen!
- Stop by the library and get a book for reading period! Tons of new books have arrived! Don’t be shy and ask Mrs. Killeen for help!