It’s a “D-C” Day !
Happy Birthday to Nathan Purchase.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Jessica Campbell for Jennifer Victor, Adam Clow for Alana Trainor
- Student Council applications are available in Room 139. Please have them completed and returned by Monday, September 19.
- Slam Poetry meeting at 12:00 noon in Room 211.
- Choir starts today: 3:30 to 5:00pm in the music room. If you like to sing, this is the place for you!
- SADD meets today at 12:00 noon in the Library Conference room. New members are welcome! Feel free to bring your lunch! See Mrs. Killeen for more info!
- Grads are reminded to book your appointments for grad photos! You don’t want Ms. McLane chasing you, so please remember to do this!
- Important announcement for Grade 12s! On Wednesday, Grade 12 students are beginning their Grade 12 year with a celebratory grad barbeque. Students will be expected to attend A Block classes, before heading off to Brudenell. Note: It is important to realize that all students MUST travel to Brudenell by bus only. Please stop by Ms. McInnis’ room (Room 119) today to let her know if you have any special dietary needs. Unless she hears differently, regular hotdogs, hamburgers, and rolls will be the only option for food.
- Any students who have remote control vehicles are asked to see Earl in Student Services, for a possible lunch time club.
- Athletic forms and fees will be collected in the Phys Ed office Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of this week from 12:00 – 12:25pm. Forms and fees need to be passed in before being able to play/compete. Fees are as follows: Field hockey $35, Volleyball (M/W) $35, Soccer (M/W) $35, Cross Country $15, Power Lifting $15, Golf $5.
- Cross Country practices start today after school.
- Men’s Soccer: September 14, 15, and 16 from 3:30 to 5:00pm each day.
- Power lifters’ first meeting is on Wednesday (tomorrow) from 3:15 to 5:00pm. Both male and female students are invited to sign up and attend.
- Applications are now open for the Loran Scholarship. The Loran scholarship is awarded to students who are dedicated to serving others, show promise of leadership and have integrity, courage, compassion, grit and a high level of personal autonomy. We can sponsor 3 students at MRHS so please stop into Student Services and get your application package. You MUST return completed forms to Ms. Victor by October 11 at 3pm.
- October 20: St. Mary’s University will be here at lunch time for an information session for Grade 12’s.
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students.
- Social Justice and Diversity Club will have its first meeting this Thursday at 12:00 in Room 211.
- Here Comes Treble, our women’s ensemble, begins rehearsals on Friday, September 16, at 7:30 am in the music room. Girls, come and sing with us!
- Heckbert’s Grad pictures are being taken September 19 to 22. All grads must have their picture taken by Heckbert’s for the yearbook and composite, regardless of where they are having their pictures for purchase done.
- School photos are being taken during the morning of Monday, September 26. All staff are reminded that you must have your picture taken on that day as well.
- All concert band students should note that practices start on Tuesday, September 20, at 7:30am.
- Choir runs Tuesday from 3:30 to 5:00 and every Wednesday morning at 7:30 am.
- Interested in being a library monitor after school or at lunch? Stop by the Library, grab an application and chat with Mrs. Killeen!
- Stop by the library and get a book for reading period! Tons of new books have arrived! Don’t be shy and ask Mrs. Killeen for help!