It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Belated Birthday to Lorna Farrell and Colton Blaisdell who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Wanda Cheverie (am) and Denise McGillivray (pm) for Yvonne Higgins, Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy (pm).
- Congratulations to Lily Levesque, whose poem “The Ways I Hate You” has made it through the first round of the 2016 Polar Expressions summer writing competition. With almost a thousand entries across Canada, Lily’s poem has been judged as being in the top group! Top 3 will be announced in December. Good luck Lily! Mrs. Killeen will be providing more information on winter contest very soon!
- Students who used to travel on Bus 403 are advised that your bus number has changed and you pickup in the morning will be 5 minutes earlier, effective tomorrow, Tuesday, September 13.
- Any Grade 12 student interested in planning grad activities for the year should come to Room 119 at 12 noon today! Being a member of this committee will gain a point toward your red or black letter at the end of the year.
Athletics Tryouts & Initial Practices:
- Golf and Power Lifting sign-up sheets are posted outside the gym office.
- Cross Country practices start Tuesday, September 13, after school.
- Women’s Soccer: Today from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- Men’s Soccer: Sept. 14, 15, and 16 from 3:30 to 5:00pm each day.
- Golf starts this week. See Earl Campbell in Student Services.
- Power lifters’ first meeting is on Wednesday, September 14, from 3:15 to 5:00pm. Both male and female students are invited to sign up and attend.
- The Workers Compensation Board is seeking students (two/school) for its OHS Leadership Program. Students who are selected for the program and who complete all program requirements will receive $500 at the end of the school year. If you’re in Grade 11 or 12 and like to organize fun activities at school, check out the OHS Leadership Program at wcb.pe.ca/OHSLeader or contact Clare at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you like to sing, choir is the place for you! Rehearsals begin on Tuesday, September 13, and run every Tuesday from 3:30 to 5:00 and every Wednesday morning at 7:30 am. See you in the music room!
- Here Comes Treble, our women’s ensemble, begins rehearsals on Friday, September 16, at 7:30 am in the music room. Girls, come and sing with us!
- Looking for a new club to join? There will be a SADD meeting next Tuesday, Sept. 13, in the Library Conference room for all new members. Feel free to bring your lunch! See Mrs. Killeen for more info!
- Heckbert’s Grad pictures are being taken September 19 to 22. All grads must have their picture taken by Heckbert’s for the yearbook and composite, regardless of where they are having their pictures for purchase done.
- School photos are being taken during the morning of Monday, September 26. All staff are reminded that you must have your picture taken on that day as well.
- All concert band students should note that practices start on Tuesday, September 20, at 7:30am.
- Interested in being a library monitor after school or at lunch? Stop by the Library, grab an application and chat with Mrs. Killeen!
- Stop by the library and get a book for reading period! Tons of new books have arrived! Don’t be shy and ask Mrs. Killeen for help!