It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Cherokee McClintick and Kyla White.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene, Karla Carnegie-MacDonald for Pauline Kelly.
- There will be a quick meeting today at 12:05 in Room 131 (Mr. Trainor’s Room) for those interested in the MRHS Fly Tyers Club this year.
- There is a brief meeting today at 12:10 in Room 141 for anyone interested in cross country running.
- Any Grade 12 student interested in planning grad activities for the year should come to Room 119 at 12 noon on Monday, September 12! Being a member of this committee will gain a point toward your red or black letter at the end of the year.
- Women’s Volleyball (3:30 to 5:00pm) and Men’s Volleyball (6:30 to 8:00pm) today.
Athletics Tryouts & Initial Practices:
- Golf and Power Lifting sign-up sheets are posted outside the gym office.
- There is a sign-up sheet posted outside the gym office for cross country running. There will be a brief meeting today at 12:10 in Room 141. Practices will start Tuesday, Sept 13, after school.
- Women’s Soccer: Sept. 12 from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- Men’s Soccer: Sept. 14, 15, and 16 from 3:30 to 5:00pm each day.
- Men’s Volleyball: Sept. 9 from 6:30 to 8:30pm.
- Women’s Volleyball: Sept. 9 from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- Cross Country starts the week of September 12. See Mr. Philip MacDonald or Mr. Matthew Killeen.
- Golf starts the week of September 12. See Earl Campbell in Student Services.
- Power lifters’ first meeting is on Wednesday, September 14, from 3:15 to 5:00pm. Both male and female students are invited to sign up and attend.
- The Workers Compensation Board is seeking students (two/school) for its OHS Leadership Program. Students who are selected for the program and who complete all program requirements will receive $500 at the end of the school year. If you’re in Grade 11 or 12 and like to organize fun activities at school, check out the OHS Leadership Program at wcb.pe.ca/OHSLeader or contact Clare at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you like to sing, choir is the place for you! Rehearsals begin on Tuesday, September 13, and run every Tuesday from 3:30 to 5:00 and every Wednesday morning at 7:30 am. See you in the music room!
- Here Comes Treble, our women’s ensemble, begins rehearsals on Friday, September 16, at 7:30 am in the music room. Girls, come and sing with us!
- Looking for a new club to join? There will be a SADD meeting next Tuesday, Sept. 13, in the Library Conference room for all new members. Feel free to bring your lunch! See Mrs. Killeen for more info!
- Heckbert’s Grad pictures are being taken September 19 to 22. All grads must have their picture taken by Heckbert’s for the yearbook and composite, regardless of where they are having their pictures for purchase done.
- School photos are being taken during the morning of Monday, September 26. All staff are reminded that you must have your picture taken on that day as well.
- Interested in being a library monitor after school or at lunch? Stop by the Library, grab an application and chat with Mrs. Killeen!
- Stop by the library and get a book for reading period! Tons of new books have arrived! Don’t be shy and ask Mrs. Killeen for help!
- The following students have overdue Library materials from June and will be responsible for payment if not returned: Justin Bailey, Colton Blaisdell, Cordell Blaisdell (2), Dawn Boudreault (2), Kevin Burke, Marlee Clark, Colden Clory, Katelyn DeCoste, Chaucer Fraser, Noah Garnhum, Jakob Gosbee, Jasmine Katz, Isaac Kemp, Avery Lewis, Brent MacDonald, Justin MacKay, Tori MacSwain, Jared Pirch, Samantha Pirch, Halle Quinn, Skyler Sentner, Keighan White.
- Study Block students who have not received study block sheets should see Mrs. Killeen in the library ASAP. This is for first semester study block only!