It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Hannah Aitken and Cassidy Morrison.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Angela Killeen, Emma Donovan for Earl Campbell, Ralph Jamieson and Chelsey MacDonald for the Math Assessment.
- Special thank you to Dennis King for the donation of a signed copy of his book The Day They Shot Reveen: Stories from a PEI small town to the School Library. Dennis is a graduate of MRHS class of 1990.
- Students: Check out the wanted poster on the Library door! Wink, wink!
- Students are reminded that Library materials are due today. Please try to return everything by lunch. You can expect a charge of $12 per missing or damaged book, so clear up your accounts before leaving!
- Check out the Library fishing trap for a copy of a book list of summer reads for teens!
- There will be a meeting today for the Prom Decorating Committee in the Library Conference room at 12:00 noon.
- Students who have signed up to help serve at Prom need to meet with Ms. Pike in Room 87 at 11:45 today.
- Yoga at Lunch today from 11:55am to 12:15pm with Ms Toombs in Room 201. Mats are provided.
- All students who have a Phys Ed lock should pass the lock into the Phys Ed department today (Friday). These lockers will be cleaned out by next week, and any remaining gear will be put in the lost and found.
- The following students are asked to see Ms. Trainor today: Abby Munro, Allie Cheverie, Luke Myers, Kirsten Whiteway, Sarah Visser, Jory Donovan, Hannah Glover, Ryan MacEachern, Kyle Parlee, Billie MacKay, Jonah Wilton, Sarah Furness, Emma Prosper, Zoie Farrish, Carley MacLean, Jacob Bedell, Ryan Osbourne, Cordell Blaisdell, Brandon Cann, Amanda Gormley.
- Grade 12 students are reminded that the green post-secondary form is due into Ms. Victor or Ms. Toombs today.
- Car Smash! The car smash scheduled for Wednesday is now being held at lunchtime today. Help support the Relay for Life by paying $2 for a whack at the car or $5 for a minute of swinging at the vehicle.
- Wednesday, June 22, is an activity day for the graduating class.
- 11am – 2pm Brooklyn Paintball, (Students must travel by bus)
- 3 – 5 pm Hypnotist Show in the cafeteria
- 5 – 7 pm Banquet, Grad Slide Show, awards
- Total cost for the day is $30. If students cannot participate in the full day of activities, the paintball activity is $20 and the hypnotist/banquet is $10.
- Today is the last day to get your money and paintball permission forms in.
- Students are reminded that lockers should be cleaned out before exams. All possessions should be removed as the maintenance staff will be emptying and cleaning the lockers over the summer. All items left behind will be discarded/given away!
- Exams: Students are reminded that exams start today with the Gr.11 Math Assessment, then D Block exams on June 13, A Block exams on June 14, B Block exams on June 15, and C Block exams on June 16.
- All athletes with uniforms must hand them in at the PE office at lunch time.
- Outstanding Athletic Fees: Ally Clements ($10), Kirsten Buchanan ($35), Jake Banks ($30), Jacob Bedell ($75)
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Grace Gormley. Grace finished first in Juvenile Girls Triple Jump and anchored both the 4×100 and 4×400 Meter Relay teams to first place at the PEISAA Provincial Track and Field Championships.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Emily Brothers. Emily, the team captain of the Women’s Softball team, led the team this season in both offensive and defensive roles. One of our graduating players, we will miss her dominating pitching style, averaging at least one strike out per inning. We will also miss her strong, and irreplaceable, bat in the line-up. Emily has played a prominent role in the Women’s Softball team winning a medal in each of the past three years.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Daniel Whalen. Daniel finished first in the Senior Men’s 400 Metre Dash, 2nd in Triple Jump, and 3rd in Long Jump at the PEISAA Provincial Track and Field Championships. He was also a member of the 4×400 Metre and 4×100 Metre Relay teams who finished 2nd and 3rd respectively.
- There are three spots open for Encounters for next school year. This is a great opportunity for students in Grades Ten and Eleven! Pick up the application form in Student Services. See Ms. Victor or Ms. Toombs if you have any questions about this program.
- Polar Expressions Summer 2016 National Poetry Contest and National Short-Story Contest is now accepting entries. Deadline is July 31, 2016. Please see Mrs. Killeen for more information before June 9 or check the website http://www.polarexpressions.ca/SummerContests.html
- The Job Bank is up and running! Check out the bulletin board across from Student Services.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.