It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Kaitlyn Patton.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Chelsey MacDonald for Sandra Hicken, Michael Brothers for Natasha Nabuurs (pm), Adam Clow for Jennifer Murphy
- There will be a meeting for the Prom Decorating Committee in the Library Conference room at 12:00 noon on Friday.
- There are three spots open for Encounters for next school year. This is a great opportunity for students in Grades Ten and Eleven! Pick up the application form in Student Services. See Ms. Victor or Ms. Toombs if you have any questions about this program.
- Homeroom Teachers have been given lists of outstanding library materials. This information will be shared with students who should return materials ASAP. Should students have questions about his/her account, please visit the library at break. Students can expect a charge $12 per missing/damaged book! Please clear up library accounts before leaving on Friday.
- Car Smash! The car smash scheduled for yesterday is now being held at lunchtime today. Help support the Relay for Life by paying $2 for a whack at the car or $5 for a minute of swinging at the vehicle.
- The Library printer is low on toner and ink. Students are asked to please be conscious of what you are printing.
- Harrison MacKay, please see Mrs. Killeen at break.
Outstanding Athletic Fees:
- Men’s Rugby Fee ($30): Justin McCarthy
- Women’s Rugby Fee: Ally Clements ($10 balance)
- Women’s Softball Fee: Kirsten Buchanan ($35)
- Outstanding Fees: Jake Banks ($30), Kyle Parlee ($35), Jacob Bedell ($75)
- Wednesday, June 22, is an activity day for the graduating class.
- 11am – 2pm Brooklyn Paintball, (Students must travel by bus)
- 3 – 5 pm Hypnotist Show in the cafeteria
- 5 – 7 pm Banquet, Grad Slide Show, awards
- Total cost for the day is $30. If students cannot participate in the full day of activities, the paintball activity is $20 and the hypnotist/banquet is $10.
- Money and paintball permission forms will be collected during lunch until June 10, 2016.
- Students who have signed up to help serve at Prom need to meet with Ms. Pike in Room 87 at 11:45 on Friday.
- Yoga at Lunch on Friday from 11:55am to 12:15pm with Ms Toombs in Room 201. Mats are provided.
- The Cafeteria will be closing on Friday for the school year.
- Grade 12 students are reminded that the green post-secondary form is due into Ms. Victor or Ms. Toombs by Friday, June 10.
- Students are reminded that lockers should be cleaned out before exams. All possessions should be removed as the maintenance staff will be emptying and cleaning the lockers over the summer. All items left behind will be discarded/given away!
- Exams: Students are reminded that exams start on June 10 with the Gr.11 Math Assessment, then D Block exams on June 13, A Block exams on June 14, B Block exams on June 15, and C Block exams on June 16.
- All athletes with uniforms must hand them in at the PE office at lunch time.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Grace Gormley. Grace finished first in Juvenile Girls Triple Jump and anchored both the 4×100 and 4×400 Meter Relay teams to first place at the PEISAA Provincial Track and Field Championships.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Emily Brothers. Emily, the team captain of the Women’s Softball team, led the team this season in both offensive and defensive roles. One of our graduating players, we will miss her dominating pitching style, averaging at least one strike out per inning. We will also miss her strong, and irreplaceable, bat in the line-up. Emily has played a prominent role in the Women’s Softball team winning a medal in each of the past three years.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Daniel Whalen. Daniel finished first in the Senior Men’s 400 Metre Dash, 2nd in Triple Jump, and 3rd in Long Jump at the PEISAA Provincial Track and Field Championships. He was also a member of the 4×400 Metre and 4×100 Metre Relay teams who finished 2nd and 3rd respectively.
- Polar Expressions Summer 2016 National Poetry Contest and National Short-Story Contest is now accepting entries. Deadline is July 31, 2016. Please see Mrs. Killeen for more information before June 9 or check the website http://www.polarexpressions.ca/SummerContests.html
- The Job Bank is up and running! Check out the bulletin board across from Student Services.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.