It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Maria Ferguson
Welcome to the following guest staff: Michael Brothers for Maureen MacDonald (pm), Kirk White for Seana Evans-Renaud (am).
- Car Smash! There will be a car smash at lunchtime today. Help support the Relay for Life by paying $2 for a whack at the car or $5 for a minute of swinging a bat at the vehicle.
- Students and staff are reminded all Library materials are due today!
- Social Justice and Diversity Club will be meeting at 11:45am in Room 201.
- This is the last day to get your Prom Tickets! Go to the Cafeteria from 12:00 to 12:20! Prom contracts must be signed by the student and parent/guardian, then passed in to the ticket seller before a Prom Ticket can be purchased. Tickets are $25.00.
- Country Garden Florist have provided a number of 10% off coupons for students who are ordering flowers for Prom. Students can check at the main office to see if there are any left.
Outstanding Athletic Fees: (Reminder: These must be paid before purchasing a Prom ticket.)
- Men’s Rugby Fee ($30): Justin McCarthy
- Women’s Rugby Fee: Ally Clements ($10 balance)
- Women’s Softball Fee: Kirsten Buchanan ($35)
- Track and Field Fee ($10): Bailie Campbell
- Outstanding Fees: Jake Banks ($30), Kyle Parlee ($35), Jacob Bedell ($75)
- Wednesday, June 22, is an activity day for the graduating class.
- 11am – 2pm Brooklyn Paintball, (Students must travel by bus)
- 3 – 5 pm Hypnotist Show in the cafeteria
- 5 – 7 pm Banquet, Grad Slide Show, awards
- Total cost for the day is $30. If students cannot participate in the full day of activities, the paintball activity is $20 and the hypnotist/banquet is $10.
- Money and paintball permission forms will be collected during lunch until June 10, 2016.
- Yoga at Lunch on Friday from 11:55am to 12:15pm with Ms Toombs in Room 201. Mats are provided.
- The Cafeteria will be closing on Friday for the school year.
- Grade 12 students are reminded that the green post-secondary form is due into Ms. Victor or Ms. Toombs by Friday, June 10.
- Students are reminded that lockers should be cleaned out before exams. All possessions should be removed as the maintenance staff will be emptying and cleaning the lockers over the summer. All items left behind will be discarded/given away!
- Exams: Students are reminded that exams start on June 10 with the Gr.11 Math Assessment, then D Block exams on June 13, A Block exams on June 14, B Block exams on June 15, and C Block exams on June 16.
- Congratulations to the Women’s Softball team on winning the Bronze medal in a 13-6 victory over Bluefield last night!
- The Women’s Rugby team suffered a tough 22-14 loss to Colonel Gray in the AAA Bronze medal game last night. Congratulations to the girls on a hard fought season.
- All PE classes will be going to the driving range again today. Students can bring their own clubs if they have them, and should dress for the weather.
- All athletes with uniforms must hand them in at the PE office at lunch time.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Grace Gormley. Grace finished first in Juvenile Girls Triple Jump and anchored both the 4×100 and 4×400 Meter Relay teams to first place at the PEISAA Provincial Track and Field Championships.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Daniel Whalen. Daniel finished first in the Senior Men’s 400 Metre Dash, 2nd in Triple Jump, and 3rd in Long Jump at the PEISAA Provincial Track and Field Championships. He was also a member of the 4×400 Metre and 4×100 Metre Relay teams who finished 2nd and 3rd respectively.
- Polar Expressions Summer 2016 National Poetry Contest and National Short-Story Contest is now accepting entries. Deadline is July 31, 2016. Please see Mrs. Killeen for more information before June 9 or check the website http://www.polarexpressions.ca/SummerContests.html
- The Job Bank is up and running! Check out the bulletin board across from Student Services.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.